Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They made new rules for airport shots. Check out this thread:

http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23441
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

• Thanks Tanuj

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I would understand bad cropping (perharps) but part of the subjet cut-off/missing ??

Any help would be apreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawk

I would understand bad cropping (perharps) but part of the subjet cut-off/missing ??
          Same thing. It's just a bad angle. You should of went wide an got the whole plane in, or went tight when you had it oblique. Drawing attention to the bird doesn't help anything either. What's up with that? Most would assume you want people to look at the airplane.

Comment

• But I got comparable perspectives accepted.

Comment

• I tried cropping a lot closer, removing the brid and getting closer to the landing gear. Came up with this.

Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Yes, that looks better. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawk
                  But I got comparable perspectives accepted.
                  I don't doubt it. It's not a great angle, but if it's what you like...........

Comment

• I was wondering, is it better to have an slightly unlevel horizon and straight lines on the runway and taxi ways? or would it be better to have the horizon level and sloped lines for the runway/taxi way?

Comment

• Make the pic look level. If you have lines, which should be level (for example a building), then these have first priority.

Gerardo
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• I've been looking at one that was rejected, it should have been correct the first time.

I leveled the picture so the runways were level, the rest looked ok too. (it was rejected :P) There's a tower in the background. I'm not sure why I didn't use it to level things off. Though when the tower is level, the fence slopes downward and doesn't look right.

Live and learn I guess, unless a screener beats me to death first, "So, you like the picture eh? *SMACK*"

Edit: After comparing the fixed picture with the original, the difference is like night and day.

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

You mean vertically - right ?

Comment

• http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=620868

Yeah I can't seem to get this one right. I believe it's a good shot and has a chance at getting in but things go wrong in the processing, more specifically sharpening I'm guessing. Any ideas????

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

• Originally posted by sluger020889
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=620868

Yeah I can't seem to get this one right. I believe it's a good shot and has a chance at getting in but things go wrong in the processing, more specifically sharpening I'm guessing. Any ideas????

Compression, noise, grain, soft under sharpened and over-sharpened at the same time.

Without the original we can't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftseat86
                                Compression, noise, grain, soft under sharpened and over-sharpened at the same time.

Without the original we can't help.
                                I don't think the original is going to help...

Comment

Working...
                                X