X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

This image was rejected as Dark/Underexposed

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The exposure is slightly higher than that of the other images accepted in the same set taken at around the same time in the evening. Increasing exposure made the image look unnatural so I’d like to understand how badly underexposed it is, if at all.

Thanks
    Overall the whole frame has balanced exposure, but the screeners were probably unsatisfied with the amount of light on the aircraft..I can kind of understand since it's darker than we usually accept but not dark enough for a silhouette-type shot. If you say other similar images were accepted, then probably just down to personal taste (I know that doesn't help too much).

Comment

• Thanks. That actually helps a lot. Subjectivity will always feature to a certain extent, and it's a matter of fine-tuning without losing my style.

As always, grateful for your thoughts.

Comment

• Hi,

I prepared this image (dust spots need removing) and noticed a gridlike structure throughout the background.

Click image for larger version  Name:	JP BA A32N G-TTNI LHR 27L sunset approach 21-10-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	724.2 KB ID:	1157594

I wondered if you could see it and if it is acceptable for uploading.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I prepared this image (dust spots need removing) and noticed a gridlike structure throughout the background.

I wondered if you could see it and if it is acceptable for uploading.
          Some very light halos visible, but would be ok for me.

Comment

• Thanks.

Comment

• Hi,

I didn't see it originally, but the top of the barbed wire fence can be seen as two faint hills (middle/bottom). Would they be a problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP Spirit A32N N935NK SAN 27 approach 25-10-22.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1158267

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I didn't see it originally, but the top of the barbed wire fence can be seen as two faint hills (middle/bottom). Would they be a problem?
                As long as not blocking the aircraft should be fine, but might want to leave a note to explain in case someone is curious as to what they are.

Comment

• Makes sense, although for quality it'll be better to find another good photo.

Comment

• I recently saw several backlit night images and revisited this old image.

Name:	test (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1158290

Before I work on it, is it likely to be accepted?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I recently saw several backlit night images and revisited this old image.

Before I work on it, is it likely to be accepted?
                      For me, no, lighting is too poor. Others may disagree of course, but I don't think the chances would be great.

Comment

• Thanks. Appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline. Technically backlit, but the majority of the aircraft visible is lit so might get a pass.

Hi,

This rejection came through. I'd expect it to be rejected, if at all, as you mentioned for a minor part of it being backlit. I was surprised to see it was rejected for contrast since I can't see any issues regarding that. Any ideas?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

This rejection came through. I'd expect it to be rejected, if at all, as you mentioned for a minor part of it being backlit. I was surprised to see it was rejected for contrast since I can't see any issues regarding that. Any ideas?

Tbh, contrast/backlit rejections are sometimes interchangeable. The light is pretty harsh due to the angle, not sure what you can really do to improve it.

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Regarding this rejection, my assumption is that it is because of excessive contrast. What is your observation?

Name:	JP JAL 773 JA732J LHR 27L approach 14-06-18.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	871.3 KB
ID:	1158669

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X