AndrewL - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All
    This picture was taken full frame with a 36meg pixel camera. How can there be jpeg artefacts? All the detail is sharp and no pixilation evident.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
    Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
      Hi All
      This picture was taken full frame with a 36meg pixel camera. How can there be jpeg artefacts? All the detail is sharp and no pixilation evident.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
      Andrew
      Compression visible in the sky. You're not uploading a 36mp image, so stands to reason you've added compression at some point.

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback Dlowwa.

I use lightroom for editing and save at the highest jpeg resolution, i use the same process for all my pictures but this has accured before when the color tone gradient is subtle. What am i doing wrong? or what should i be doing to stop this?

TIA
        Andrew

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Dlowwa.

I use lightroom for editing and save at the highest jpeg resolution, i use the same process for all my pictures but this has accured before when the color tone gradient is subtle. What am i doing wrong? or what should i be doing to stop this?

TIA
          Andrew
          Honestly, it's not a huge issue, for me anyway. If you're noticing banding in such situations, trying doing all of your editing on a 16-bit TIFF before downsizing/converting to jpeg. That should get rid of a lot of potential compression issues

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for contrast again. I did increase the contrast, have i gone too far with the contrast or not enough.

TIA
            Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for contrast again. I did increase the contrast, have i gone too far with the contrast or not enough.
              Contrast is weak.

Comment

• HI All

I Had a contrast rejection

Which way too much or top little.

TIA
                Andrew

Comment

HI All

I Had a contrast rejection

Which way too much or top little.

TIA
                  Andrew
                  Same as previous.

Comment

Working...
                  X