paoloz99 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    I would like to ask for your opinion about a pic that I took recently.
    This is the pic:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	826.9 KB
ID:	1108107
    I know that the aircraft is not centered and this can lead to a rejection but in this case I edited this picture like this to include the whole control tower. Hence, do you think that this picture could be accepted like this or should I edit in another way it centering the airframe?

Thank you in advance and best regards

Comment

Originally posted by paoloz99 View Post
      Hi everyone,
      I would like to ask for your opinion about a pic that I took recently.
      This is the pic:

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	826.9 KB
ID:	1108107
      I know that the aircraft is not centered and this can lead to a rejection but in this case I edited this picture like this to include the whole control tower. Hence, do you think that this picture could be accepted like this or should I edit in another way it centering the airframe?

Thank you in advance and best regards
      Will be at the discretion of whoever screens it whether the inclusion of the tower justifies the centering.

Comment

Hi, what do you think about these pictures?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	873.9 KB ID:	1109169

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0256.jpg Views:	0 Size:	624.3 KB ID:	1109170
        Thank you in advance for your help

Comment

Hi, what do you think about these pictures?
          Would be ok for me.

Comment

Hi everyone,
            Do you think that this photo might be accepttable?

Name:	DSC_0759.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	1110211
            Thank you in advance as usual.

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Do you think that this photo might be accepttable?

Name:	DSC_0759.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	1110211
              Thank you in advance as usual.
              Borderline for contrast/dark.

Comment

Hi there!
                I would like to upload this pic at 1920 px size and since it would be me my very first I'd appreciate your opinion.

Here's the pic:

Name:	DSC_0971.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1117758
                Thank you all in advance for your time!

Comment

Hi there!
                  I would like to upload this pic at 1920 px size and since it would be me my very first I'd appreciate your opinion.
                  Borderline oversharpened/contrast.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    I had some rejections for JPG compression artefacts recently that I really think didn't deserve that.
                    The rejected pictures are these ones linked below:

A7-BFX. Boeing 777-FDZ. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

B-1082. Airbus A350-941. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

SE-DOY. Airbus A320-251N. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I tried to appeal and explain that these shown in the check for dust are not JPG compression artefacts but only the last one (which was also rejected for soft) was accepted after the appeal.
                    The fun fact is that both of these pictures were then reuploaded and accepted without editing them again so I think there's something wrong.
                    Moreover, I had this picture rejected yesterday for the same reason:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This picture has JPG compression artefacts and it's even soft according to the screener.
                    Let's compare it with another photo that has been accepted without problems then.

A7-BHA. Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This one was taken by a person that was exactly next to me that day and if you compare it with mine, my picture is sharper and the quality of the sky is exactly the same. So once more I don't understand what was the point in rejecting mine. When it happens once it's ok, also twice, but after five times (there was another picture rejected for this reason that i haven't upload again yet) it starts to be a little bit frustrating since I also tried to resize and save in other different ways but the result is always the same.
                    Also I had a picture which was pre screend here, an Aeroflot A321,(if you scroll up in the other posts you'll find it) that has what you may call JPG artefacts, that was accettable according to the pre screening and accepted regularly in the database later.

Hence, I'm asking if it's worth it to appeal and if not what I do wrong when I resize my pictures.
                    If you want I can also try to send the raw file so that you can show me a proper check for dust

Best Regards,
                    Zonca Paolo

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      I had some rejections for JPG compression artefacts recently that I really think didn't deserve that.

I tried to appeal and explain that these shown in the check for dust are not JPG compression artefacts but only the last one (which was also rejected for soft) was accepted after the appeal.
                      The fun fact is that both of these pictures were then reuploaded and accepted without editing them again so I think there's something wrong.
                      The only fun part is admitting to re-uploading rejected images without making any changes. So noted, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I've always been really polite and I didn't mean to seem rude with the previus message. If it looked like this I apologize for that.
                        I've always tried to learn from every rejection to improve my editing skills and that is also the reason why I'm here on the forum. What I was trying to say is that those two pictures were uploaded again without re-editing them because I tried to re-edit them but the result was exactly the same, hence I uploaded the old pic again. I even tried different ways to resize and save these pictures but nothing changed, so I thought that asking here could have solved my problems.
                        Also, I admitted that I re-uploaded these two pics without re-editing them firstly because I'm honest, I know that you can close my account with just a click, and secondly only because I thought that maybe they were ok since another screener accepted them, so this could have been the case also for the last one. I didn't want to seem arrogant or anything like this.
                        If there's not an explanaion to how avoid these artefacts I wont't appeal for that pic and I'll come back taking pictures in Jpeg since with Jpeg I didn't have these problems.
                        If everyone may know other ways to avoid the artefacts please tell me since I would prefer to take shots in raw.

Best Regards and thanks for your help.

Comment

Better now?

Name:	DSC_0412.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	1127005
                          Thank you in advance.

Comment

Also what do you think about this one?