ThatOneFish- Prescreening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Only the last one wouldn't be an immediate rejection, though the angle is rather unattractive. Can't really tell if the quality is there due to the compression, unfortunately, but can confirm the compression was applied when uploading to the forum.
    Hopefully compression does not happen to this one,
    how is softness/contrast now?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	n256jx.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	1074843

And if possible how are these:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	n7887a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.0 KB ID:	1074844

This was rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7690701, are sharpness, darkness, contrast fixed?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ksna1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.8 KB ID:	1074845

Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatOneFish View Post

Hopefully compression does not happen to this one,
      how is softness/contrast now?

And if possible how are these:

This was rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7690701, are sharpness, darkness, contrast fixed?
      Don't think any of these will be acceptable. First two are quite noisy (not to mention terrible angles), in the last the foreground is completely in shadow.

Comment

Don't think any of these will be acceptable. First two are quite noisy (not to mention terrible angles), in the last the foreground is completely in shadow.
        Thanks, I was surprised how noisy 1 and 2 actually became, I was shooting at iso 160, but it got noticeable due to the cropping.

Comment

• Hello, may I have a prescreen?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	zk-okp.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	1075172
          Also this was rejected for contrast: is it too harsh now?
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	n950ua2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	1075173
          Thanks.

Comment

Hello, may I have a prescreen?
            1. borderline oversharpened/centering
            2. yes, too dark/harshly contrasted

Comment

1. borderline oversharpened/centering
              2. yes, too dark/harshly contrasted
              I'll try my chances with 1.
              How's the contrast, it seems flat now.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	n950ua2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	524.5 KB ID:	1075195
              and this was rejected for noise
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

worth an appeal?
              Thanks.

Comment

I'll try my chances with 1.
                How's the contrast, it seems flat now.
                Still borderline dark/contrast.

Originally posted by ThatOneFish View Post
                and this was rejected for noise

worth an appeal?
                Not really.

Comment

Still borderline dark/contrast.

Not really.
                  I'll add 1 to the queue. Do you think that 2 will have a chance with some noise reduction?

Comment

I'll add 1 to the queue. Do you think that 2 will have a chance with some noise reduction?
                    I applied carefully, perhaps, but it also tends to smear out details, so couldn't say for sure.

Comment

• Hello would any of these two be accpetable? (Here's some accepted pictures for more context https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/N219BA )

Worried about centering, motive, and contrast.

Name:	n219ba.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	781.9 KB
ID:	1075652

Name:	n219ba2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	826.4 KB
ID:	1075653
                      Thanks.

Comment

Hello would any of these two be accpetable? (Here's some accepted pictures for more context)
                        Neither of those two crops work for me personally. All of the accepted ones have better perspectives.

Comment

Neither of those two crops work for me personally. All of the accepted ones have better perspectives.
                          I see, do you think any of them would have a chance, if not I’ll just get better angles next time I go.
                          thanks.

Comment

I see, do you think any of them would have a chance, if not I’ll just get better angles next time I go.
                            thanks.
                            You could try if you wanted, but like I said, both would be rejections for me.

Comment

• Hello may I have some advice about these rejections:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7733217 <- this one was rejected at first for just dust, and second time around for noise/contrast. (I believe harsh)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7733210 <- same rejects (but first time submitting)

Do you believe noise problems are too severe for the photos to be saved? Thanks.

Comment

Hello may I have some advice about these rejections:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7733217 <- this one was rejected at first for just dust, and second time around for noise/contrast. (I believe harsh)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7733210 <- same rejects (but first time submitting)

Do you believe noise problems are too severe for the photos to be saved? Thanks.
                                Borderline on the first, but the noise is really noticeable on the second. You were shooting ISO400, which means the noise was totally avoidable on your part, so..

Comment

Working...
                                X