X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Well, the biggest problem is the fact that the aircraft is backlit. You can brighten it, but then the sky will be completely blown out. In the same way, if you keep the sky manageable, the aircraft will be much too dark. I've already seen multiple images of this arrival from other photographers rejected due to the poor light, not sure there is anything you can do with editing.
    Hi There,

Thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate it.

I have been playing around with the RAW and got to this result, the sky may be too dark but I believe there is much better contrast and maybe a little more tweaking and I can get an acceptable shot, let me know what you think about it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5565_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	655.8 KB
ID:	1034052

Thanks!
    Tomas.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by tomas_cubero View Post
    Hi JP,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23119[/ATTACH]

I am trying to get this accepted but have tried twice and got the following rejection reasons:

-Dark/underexposed
    -Too much or too little contrast

I know the histogram is a big player in how photos are screened and I'd like to get some more insight on how this is determined.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Well, the biggest problem is the fact that the aircraft is backlit. You can brighten it, but then the sky will be completely blown out. In the same way, if you keep the sky manageable, the aircraft will be much too dark. I've already seen multiple images of this arrival from other photographers rejected due to the poor light, not sure there is anything you can do with editing.

Leave a comment:

• meeshboi
    replied
    Im not a screener, but i would say increase the exposure and increase the contrast a bit.

thats my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    started a topic tomas_cubero - Pre-Screening Advice

tomas_cubero - Pre-Screening Advice

Hi JP,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5565_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1045964

I am trying to get this accepted but have tried twice and got the following rejection reasons:

-Dark/underexposed
    -Too much or too little contrast

I know the histogram is a big player in how photos are screened and I'd like to get some more insight on how this is determined.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
Working...
X