Prescreen Advice Request - 787Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

A little bit dark, but quality would be acceptable for me.
    Thanks.

Trying to challenge a borderline heat haze. Is the quality ok? Or I need to size it down to 1280px?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post

Thanks.

Trying to challenge a borderline heat haze. Is the quality ok? Or I need to size it down to 1280px?
      Can see some artifacts (preprocessing as well). Applied a filter.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can see some artifacts (preprocessing as well). Applied a filter.
        Soft, borderline dark/contrast.

Comment

I have been getting some rejections with vignetting in the sky (I guess this comes with good lighting...), so I am changing my postprocessing steps by adding some extra vigentte correction. The following two are some extreme ones, and I found it hard to remove vignetting entirely (it is like either I have top bright vignetting + bottom dark vignetting, or I have to maintain some vignetting to get the corners to be not so bright.)
          Attached Files

Comment

I have been getting some rejections with vignetting in the sky (I guess this comes with good lighting...), so I am changing my postprocessing steps by adding some extra vigentte correction. The following two are some extreme ones, and I found it hard to remove vignetting entirely (it is like either I have top bright vignetting + bottom dark vignetting, or I have to maintain some vignetting to get the corners to be not so bright.)
            Both somewhat dark. Vignetting not really an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Both somewhat dark. Vignetting not really an issue.
              I ll take your charms again lol. Last few got a few vignetting rejs (and they do exist), but hope the new fix will help.

Comment

Golden hour shooting has always been hard for me to find the right temp (currently 5250K + 15 tint) and exposure adjustments... I have the following three that I have tried to play with exposure, but it seems to hurt a bit aesthetics..
                Also I would think the CRJ doesn't really have the quality for 1600, maybe 14?
                I think so far DL A321 looks the most natural, but it is probably the darkest.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 787Dream; 2023-05-31, 05:52.

Comment

Golden hour shooting has always been hard for me to find the right temp and exposure adjustments... I have the following three that I have tried to play with exposure, but it seems to hurt a bit aesthetics..
                  Also I would think the CRJ doesn't really have the quality for 1600, maybe 14?
                  I think so far DL A321 looks the most natural, but it is probably the darkest.
                  Borderline dark/soft for all, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Will vignetting be an issue for this one?

revised: new technique
                    revised 2: changed to sRGB
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 787Dream; 2023-06-07, 04:25. Reason: changed to sRGB

Comment

• Originally posted by 787Dream View Post
                      Will vignetting be an issue for this one?

revised: new technique
                      revised 2: changed to sRGB
                      Too soft for 1600pix, and a bit dark.

Comment

• The weather is pretty nice so I added more saturation to some. However, I do see some artifacts in the sky under equalize, is it going to be an issue?
                        Attached Files

Comment

The weather is pretty nice so I added more saturation to some. However, I do see some artifacts in the sky under equalize, is it going to be an issue?
                          Contrast and oversharpening may be issues.

Comment

• I probably should seek advice before I use up more rejection slots. I am having trouble to remove vignetting in the infamous clear sky shot.

I have tried tuning bit by bit but the "ring" would just somehow appear in the equalized part, as what I think the screener is referring to as overprocessed.
                            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Any suggestions? I have attached an attempt with minimal and universal changes (but equalized image can still see vignetting on the right edge, which is somewhat expected as the vignetting is leaning to the left (see screenshot)). Should I start "painting" the darker edges on the right?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_56393.png
Views:	52
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1163586
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 787Dream; 2023-06-21, 05:18.

Comment

I probably should seek advice before I use up more rejection slots. I am having trouble to remove vignetting in the infamous clear sky shot.

I have tried tuning bit by bit but the "ring" would just somehow appear in the equalized part, as what I think the screener is referring to as overprocessed.
                              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11114782
                              Processing effects still visible.

Should I start "painting" the darker edges on the right?
                              Not a good idea unless you'd like the chance of a manipulation rejection and a warning on your account.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Processing effects still visible.

Not a good idea unless you'd like the chance of a manipulation rejection and a warning on your account.
                                I am just gonna make my life easier with another pick after working for 3 hours, the vignetting is just too strong to correctly remove completely and accurately. For this, bottom right corner has some strong shadow clipped in, but I used spot healing (or other corners will be brighter). Any go? Definitely gonna retire this lens and this will be its last mission.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X