Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which airport is better for spotting? EDDM or EDDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which airport is better for spotting? EDDM or EDDF?

Greetings everyone.

I am planning on going on a european spotting trip with my girlfriend in July and we are planning on visiting Paris CDG and Zurich airport as well. We want to conclude our trip in one of these 2 cities, Munich or Frankfurt. I wanted to ask which airport is better for spotting and which has more interesting traffic? I haven't booked the tickets yet since we are still planning everything. I hope someone can help us

Kind regards. Storm Idema

Due to the high sun in July and the runway direction I would suggest EDDF ahead of EDDM because of the better positions early morning or late evening. Both airports have very good spotting positions, both airports are dominated by LH. If you want to see LH 380s and 350s, EDDM is your choice, for the other stuff its EDDF which handles more traffic as well

Comment

Hello,

If you want do spotting at Paris CDG, you must have a photo permit delivered by authorities.
      Personnaly, I've aksed mine more than 1 year ago and I'm still waiting .

You can try some photos but police or security services can check if you have this famous permit.

Many more spotters are waiting this permit since a long long time ago. You can try ask permit by sending email in french (recommended, use google translate) to the following address:
      spotters [at] interieur.gouv.fr with your ID/Passport copy, home address and some text to explain.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by stormidema View Post
        Greetings everyone.

I am planning on going on a european spotting trip with my girlfriend in July and we are planning on visiting Paris CDG and Zurich airport as well. We want to conclude our trip in one of these 2 cities, Munich or Frankfurt. I wanted to ask which airport is better for spotting and which has more interesting traffic? I haven't booked the tickets yet since we are still planning everything. I hope someone can help us

Kind regards. Storm Idema
        Hi,

Both are great airports to spot at! I think it's up too you and what you want to see. If you wanted to spot 747s I would suggest FRA.

I would suggest reading here

EDDF https://www.spotterguide.net/planesp...furt-fra-eddf/

EDDM https://www.spotterguide.net/planesp...nich-muc-eddm/

Hope you have a great trip!

Tyler

Comment

Hm.

I am planning on going on a european spotting trip with my girlfriend in July​
          July 2023, as I assume. Now, if that's true then Tyler and me are a little bit late, but I can second what Tyler says. If you like to see the LH-B744 live and in color, then FRA is also my recommendation.
          Die Besucherterrasse lädt Sie mit attraktiven Sitzgelegenheiten zum Entspannen ein. Die Terrasse liegt im öffentlichen Bereich des Terminal 2.

Wir laden Sie bis auf Weiteres ein, kostenfrei den „schönsten Balkon Frankfurts“ zu genießen. Der Zutritt zur Besucherterrasse ist somit unentgeltlich.​

PS: stormidema Now, for which airport did you choose?
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

...One (ex-) moderator here in the past told me, if you're not able to translate word by word, then better say it in German.

Now, what if you could have both.
            "Until further notice, the Observation deck at FRA will be accessible without payment."

Only a very humble try of translation, I confess..

PS: Which airport is better... Well, I don't know yet where stormidema comes from, but, for me that's not a question:
            https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11043025
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-09-11, 20:21. Reason: Is that a question?
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
            X