Hong Kong Airlines takes on another A330-300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Kong Airlines takes on another A330-300

as per FR24, the registration seems to be B-LHG (excited for any hot photos of that registration!)
    according to planespotters the airline has another A333 due (B-LHI), also from the same leasing company

but it feels odd that they've leased planes instead of reactivating their own. so is this some kind of short term solution, do you think, or will the other planes (including the A332s) never get reactivated?
    I'm not who you think I am.

Or perhaps.

Well. First of all, Welcome to the jetphotos platform, you (obviously) shiny new member.

You are not who I think you are. Hm. I've never (consciously) met Mr Daryl Chapman here in the forum. But names are unimportant, that's what you say...

It feels odd that we both are talking about an airline which is only in the air since September 2006, if you are who I think you are.

Because with Chapman, I'd definitely not talk about an airline who is younger than 25 years.

The A330-300 is not so very special, almost every airline owns one or two, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Qantas, ...

I'm rather interested in the A330-900 or in the new A350-1000. The 351 is one of only a few two engined jets which is longer than my avatar, almost 74 meters (?!).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cathay Pacific 350-1000 at Hong Kong (2023).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	785.9 KB
ID:	1163576
    B-LXO. Airbus A350-1041. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The B-LXO A350-1000 at Hong Kong. 74 meters long, although, in my eyes it almost looks like a 757. Definitely an optical illusion..

Greetings to Hong Kong.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      The A330-300 is not so very special, almost every airline owns one or two, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Qantas, ...
      Yea, but... the weird thing is that how CRK could have reactivated B-LNN (parked for 10 months) instead of leasing two more...

my hypothesis is that they will eventually reactivate B-LNN but use the two leased aircraft as fillers for the A332s they have which I don't expect them to bring back anytime soon.
      I'm not who you think I am.

Or perhaps.

Comment

Working...
      X