Searching for and old flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for and old flight

So I'm making a log of all the flights I've taken and so far I'm doing great, as I have been able to find data of every flight and aircraft, except for my first flight ever. As I was a bit young I don't really remember the aircraft type neither the registration and can't either find it anyplace on the internet.

That way I`ve decided to ask here for any help in the form of recommendations or if anyone is able to obtain that info. Here is all I have/remember of that particular flight, which is almost everything except for the aircraft type and registration:

Date: 2007-08-22
    Flight: UX9090 - Air Europa
    Route: MAD - FUE
    Dep: 07:40 (as stated in the boarding pass)
    Arr: 09:25 (as stated in the boarding pass)

Hope you can help me!!

According to some quick research, Air Europa had 737-800, 737-400, 767-300ER, and A330 in 2007, among others. The most likely plane that had been on this route would have been the B738, as most of the B734s were retired in early 2007. In terms of registration, I don't know of any places where this information can be found as Airlines don't even keep and let alone publish information like that for over 15 or so years, that I am aware of.

Comment

Hope you can help me!!
      Hm. Yes, we try. Astonishing that SpecialCB also tries to help, although that is his very first forum entry . Thank you.
      That's a good thing. roeo asked for help, and now, 4 eyes see more than 2, if I tried to solve this question alone.

Route: Now please let me translate that into proper aviation English. From LEMD Madrid Barajas Intl to ... and now I'm a little bit proud of myself, with a rough guess,
      GCFV Fuerteventura International airport (IATA: FUE).

So. We can do two things with the jetphotos database. 1. Ask the database about Air Europa photos at LEMD Barajas Intl
      and 2. Ask the database about Air Europa photos at GCFV Fuerteventura International.

Then. Let the show begin.

I more or less second what SpecialCB says. From the historical Air Europa fleet, almost each and every a/c type can be excluded:
      332 - possible in 2007 (retired 2021), but not much likely on a domestic route.
      333 - not possible, first flight for Air Europa only in 2013 .
      342 - possible but not much likely on a domestic route
      763ER - possible in 2007 but not much likely on a domestic route

...and that's all. Other a/c from the historical Air Europa fleet are not possible, at least when we ask de wiki and en wiki. Now, we should always ask people who sit on an airport which is not so far away from the home airport of an airline. Air Europa has its headquarter at Llucmajor and thus its home airport LEPA Palma de Mallorca .

That's why I also asked the es wiki (Spanish wikipedia). And because my Spanish is not so good, I tried a tool which translated the Air Europa es wiki to German for me.

Now. Let me try to translate that to English, after all...

[...] In the year 2000, Air Europa began to fly the Boeing 767-300 on transoceanic routes. [...] Together with the historic Alitalia, Air Europa since then also had a code share agreement
      for flights from Madrid and Barcelona, to 11 national destinations.

Aha! So, what if it is a 763ER, used for frequently asked domestic routes. That's not so uncommon, e.g. Hawaiian Airlines also operated B763ER on domestic routes between 2001 and 2019:

Hm. I love these questions! Now let's see what the jetphotos database knows:
      EC-HGO. Boeing 737-85P. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

No 763ER in the jetphotos database, at least not if your search request is: Air Europa, GCFV Fuerteventura International, and only the year 2007.

But.

roeo says, August 22nd 2007. And I know here from my home airport, that in July and August 322s get replaced by B753 and Condor Flugdienst DE-B763ER,
      because the A322 is too small in summer...

PS: No result in the jetphotos database for August 2007, only 4 results for December 2007 and September 2007. So. Air Europa 738 is possible or 763ER, I'd say.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

...Ahm. I don't know if I asked this question ever before, but. The smileys who appear here below the text window are KI controlled, as I assume (?).

Because if they were controlled by humans, I had to wonder if that's not a severe mental dysfunction:
        together with .

Hm. Let me take it as a , only the first one ever mentioned is valid.

And now back on topic again.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

Hm. Yes, we try. Astonishing that SpecialCB also tries to help, although that is his very first forum entry . Thank you.
          That's a good thing. roeo asked for help, and now, 4 eyes see more than 2, if I tried to solve this question alone.

Route: Now please let me translate that into proper aviation English. From LEMD Madrid Barajas Intl to ... and now I'm a little bit proud of myself, with a rough guess,
          GCFV Fuerteventura International airport (IATA: FUE).

So. We can do two things with the jetphotos database. 1. Ask the database about Air Europa photos at LEMD Barajas Intl
          and 2. Ask the database about Air Europa photos at GCFV Fuerteventura International.

Then. Let the show begin.

I more or less second what SpecialCB says. From the historical Air Europa fleet, almost each and every a/c type can be excluded:
          332 - possible in 2007 (retired 2021), but not much likely on a domestic route.
          333 - not possible, first flight for Air Europa only in 2013 .
          342 - possible but not much likely on a domestic route
          763ER - possible in 2007 but not much likely on a domestic route

...and that's all. Other a/c from the historical Air Europa fleet are not possible, at least when we ask de wiki and en wiki. Now, we should always ask people who sit on an airport which is not so far away from the home airport of an airline. Air Europa has its headquarter at Llucmajor and thus its home airport LEPA Palma de Mallorca .

That's why I also asked the es wiki (Spanish wikipedia). And because my Spanish is not so good, I tried a tool which translated the Air Europa es wiki to German for me.

Now. Let me try to translate that to English, after all...

[...] In the year 2000, Air Europa began to fly the Boeing 767-300 on transoceanic routes. [...] Together with the historic Alitalia, Air Europa since then also had a code share agreement
          for flights from Madrid and Barcelona, to 11 national destinations.

Aha! So, what if it is a 763ER, used for frequently asked domestic routes. That's not so uncommon, e.g. Hawaiian Airlines also operated B763ER on domestic routes between 2001 and 2019:

Hm. I love these questions! Now let's see what the jetphotos database knows:
          EC-HGO. Boeing 737-85P. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

No 763ER in the jetphotos database, at least not if your search request is: Air Europa, GCFV Fuerteventura International, and only the year 2007.

But.

roeo says, August 22nd 2007. And I know here from my home airport, that in July and August 322s get replaced by B753 and Condor Flugdienst DE-B763ER,
          because the A322 is too small in summer...

PS: No result in the jetphotos database for August 2007, only 4 results for December 2007 and September 2007. So. Air Europa 738 is possible or 763ER, I'd say.
          Thanks for the time taken for this investigation!!

Unfortunately seems we both have reached the same conclusion in terms of the aircraft that were active at the time. So far I have managed to check some old ACARS reports on and old webpage but sadly my flight day log is empty so there is no info. Days around, the same flight was operated by a 737-800 which I guess narrows the search but I guess it is almost impossible to find the registration nowadays.

Comment

Working...
          X