What are the landmarks on the "Little Europe" livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the landmarks on the "Little Europe" livery

Hi, I've been going through some livery planes in the JP database lately, and I found this "Little Europe" livery, which is very interesting.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/6548471 (random photo from the database)

On the left side of the fuselage, there are five landmarks, and I can't identify what the first and fourth is(from left to right)

It would be great if someone would help

Copenhagen Mermaid
    Pisa Leaning Tower
    Berlin Brandeburg Gate
    Moscow Kremlin
    London Eye (not sure tho...)

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
      Copenhagen Mermaid
      Pisa Leaning Tower
      Berlin Brandeburg Gate
      Moscow Kremlin
      London Eye (not sure tho...)
      Thanks!

Comment

I think I can confirm what Tom said. But what an old old very old photo we are talkin about here..

Only 6 or 8 months younger than my avatar (which of course is a jetphoto). And again I like to do something against my language barrier, ... a Ferris wheel must be the No 5
        on this little jet, although I've not so often seen a green one, in German 'Riesenrad'.

London is very probable. Vienna doesn't show so many 'round' or 'elliptical' cabines. And all the other big wheels would rather take place on a LH-B744 livery (or comparable),
        so to speak, all the other big wheels are outside of Europe (?). Only a rough guess.

PS: And those were the days when Lufthansa was allowed to officially use the word Moscow, as part of a worldwide shown livery? Quite impossible and unthinkable if you ask me today...

The German edition of 'Who wants to be a millionaire' recently contained a question which fits quite perfectly to this livery... Let's see how old my brain is today..
        It was this monday, as far as I can remember... and in German, of course. But for my favorite aviation platform, I'll try to translate. It must've been something like that, and the ugly thing is, we all are able to watch it again online, so you can prove if I'm right or wrong... Nevertheless.

Which of the following happenings must be put together because it happened in exactly the same year.
        A. The first Expo and the Vienna Congress B. The cuba crisis and the first steps of a human on the moon.
        C. The first Loveparade and the Fall of the Wall D. The first soccer European championships (EM) and Watergate.

And she now owned 64.000 Euro (or more) if I had been her telephone joker (!).

It indeed is available online, so I was able to ask the Original question.

And now, what would you say?
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-04-09, 22:25. Reason: Thanks to the TV station who until today owns the German 'Who wants to be a millionaire'.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

As the question already has been solved by the moderator,

C, of course. 1989. And I had at least one or two questions in my mind, together with the correct answer.

Where have you been in the moment of the Fall of the Wall? and.

Why exactly don't German schools teach their pupils newer German history, i.e. everything which happened after April 30th 1945?!

PS: In my eyes, April 30th after almost 79 years is a red-letter day, ein Feiertag!

I can say, that I don't know the answer because I was at school! At school we never had newer German history after April 1945.

But I probably should still be able to give you the year the month the day and even the correct time when where what and by whom contracts were signed
          during WW I (1914-1918_) , Ludendorff, OHL, ....

Which I can't. Too boring, compared to newer German history (after April 1945).

But back on topic now, if we really are so far away from the topic...
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
          X