Turkish Airlines inaugural Detroit flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Airlines inaugural Detroit flight

Earlier today, November 15th 2023, Turkish Airlines flew its inaugural flight to Detroit metro, DTW. TC-LLU, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner operating Turkish airlines flight 205, would depart from Istanbul, Turkey around 4:30PM local time. After an almost 10.5 hour flight, just before 7pm eastern time, the flight would arrive at Detroit, welcomed by a water cannon salute from Wayne County Airport Authorities Fire and Rescue as it pulled into its gate at the Evans terminal. After about 3.5 hours on the ground, just before 10:30pm the aircraft would depart from Detroit as flight TK206 on its 10 hour flight back to Istanbul. The airline is currently scheduled to operate the flight 3 times weekly, taking place on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. The addition of this newest route marks the 4th new airline to start service to Detroit metro in 2023, behind Sun Country, Iceland air and WestJet.

I never understanded some routes like this one, WHO flies from istambul to detroit, how IS there enough demand for 3 flights a week??
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
      I never understanded some routes like this one, WHO flies from istambul to detroit, how IS there enough demand for 3 flights a week??
      Plenty of people are flying this route and there is plenty of demand. So much so that starting next week this flight will be 4 times a week.

Comment

Working...
      X