Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify photo location.

Hello my dear jetphotos community.

Since a few weeks I have configured my computer so that it always shows me the same photo
    (and not twice a day new pictures with this stupid question "Gefällt Ihnen was Sie sehen").

But since it is a very very nice picture of my own choice, I wonder, what can we see here?
    Photo location: rather one than two or more rwys, an airport on a distant island, not Europe, if you ask me.

Where the airport is on a land bridge - or better where the airport is the land bridge. The land bridge which connects a peninsula (dt.: Halbinsel) to the rest of the island.

Name of the airport? Or, if you know, even the ICAO Code?
    a/c type: a rather classic doubledecker propeller, single engine, cp Antonov AN-2P, but I'd say alot smaller than the huge Antonov.

Since the past two or three hours, I tried to ask the internet to find the answers, but sometimes the internet and the KI is stupid.

So let me try to ask humans. This is my Win start screen. What can we see here?

PS: The Philippines? But which airport and which aircraft?
    Here a list of airports which near to 100 % certainty it is not (with ICAO code):
    RPLL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninoy_...tional_Airport
    RPLS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangley_Point_Airport
    RPMD (Mindanao) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franci...tional_Airport
    RPVM (Mactan-Cebu) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mactan...tional_Airport
    ​...
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-12-22, 23:25. Reason: Which imho it is not.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

I managed to find it after some reverse image searching. I found a higher quality image and used that to filter through similar results until I found a photo of the airport closer up, and identified it to be the Great Barrier Reef Airport (ICAO: YBHM) in Queensland, Australia. As for aircraft, I'm not too sure, thats not exactly my specialty haha.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	209.3 KB ID:	1176145

Click image for larger version  Name:	windows_10_wallpaper_nithinsuren_4-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg Views:	0 Size:	653.2 KB ID:	1176146

Hope this helps!​​

Comment

Originally posted by Fancii View Post
      I managed to find it after some reverse image searching. I found a higher quality image and used that to filter through similar results until I found a photo of the airport closer up, and identified it to be the Great Barrier Reef Airport (ICAO: YBHM) in Queensland, Australia. As for aircraft, I'm not too sure, thats not exactly my specialty haha.

[...]

Hope this helps!​​
      WOW! How fast can you be? Clearly less than 24 hours, thats very very very fast, for an airport request that had to cross (more than) half the planet.

So. Yes, I think that helps me!

[More than 2000 jetphotos guests (!) online here at this moment... Did you invite all your youtube followers to be online tonight? ]

With your ICAO code, I have also found one or two entries in the jetphotos database:
      On a 3nm final for Runway 14 at Hamilton Island. A stunning approach, even when the weather isnt that great and punching into a 30kt headwind! Note the bizjet on the apron.. YBHM. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

That very much seems like an airport on an island, and it also seems like an airport where the airport is a land bridge.

You're great, my dear friend. But why have you been so incredibly fast? Are you an Australian?

THANK YOU!

PS: 7 members and 2352 guests. Wow. And my permanent line (dt.: Standleitung) to the jetphotos server stands like a rocket.
      That's nice, but that also seems like a limit for this server. Due to that limit, today I have widened my server response time, from 60 seconds to 10 minutes (!).
      Normally I close the browser window when the server does not react within 60 seconds. But not here and not tonight.
      Back on topic. Hamilton Island airport. With your ICAO code I was also able to identify the two smaller islands: Henning Island and Dent Island.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 090.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1176613
      Normally, you click on a picture to enlarge it. Don't know if that works today. The original size is 1532 x 919 px . I'll try to fix it when it doesn't enlarge
      within 10 minutes, with 2352 guests online, tonight...

Attached Files
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-12-27, 23:04. Reason: Fancii solved my problem: it is YBHM airport, rwy 14 final approach.

Comment

That's what I've always dreamed of, and that was already possible two years ago with my old motherboard.
        The cpu must be capable to run at least the following programs simultaneously​: 1. the o/s . 2. the browser (with at least two jetphotos windows open, the main jetphotos page and the forum),
        3. music playback without interruption via onboard sound (if the motherboard is quite good) or via sound card (if your motherboard isn't quite so good).
        and 4. the flight simulator.

I must say, one year ago I changed my i5 (2nd gen) with an i5 (11th gen). And both i5s fulfil these 4 requirements, with only 2 differences:
        1. the o/s, back then Win7, today Win10 (not yet fully Win11 compatible due to my old video card)
        2. the flight simulator. I do no longer use fsx . But with p3dv4.5 and the new i5, I'm able to again run all 4 programs at the same time

So, I've asked the simulator if YBHM airport is good for a Beech B200 en route to YBBN Brisbane Intl. And yes, YBHM is good for that.
        My Beech B200 normally doesn't need 100% of the YBHM rwy, which is 1764 meters long (5787 ft) . And the distance also fits, 479.4 nautical miles straight, without sid and star and without waypoints. Departure to the south, hdg 143 .

I can't say how much I like to THANK YOU, Fancii. Now I have something to do for the weekend. Fly my Beech B200 simulator out of YBHM, destination Brisbane International.

PS: This year I like to celebrate a little bit my jetphotos forum account. This year, in the old year, I'm online here in our beloved forum
        since more than 15 years. I'm online here since December 12th 2008, so exactly since 15 years and 16 days. Together with Alex, Seahawk, Erwin, atlcrew, TeeVee, Gabriel, 3WE, Evan, ..., it has always been a pleasure, Gentlemen! Let's raise our soup bowls for the next 15 years.

Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-12-28, 00:33. Reason: 15 years here at jetphotos. And many many more to come.

Comment

No worries at all, I did used to live in QLD Australia but I've never been up past Sunshine Coast before. Glad to hear that you are having great fun on the simulator there, maybe I need to try fly out of there in the simulator, looks like an amazing place to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fancii View Post
            No worries at all, I did used to live in QLD Australia but I've never been up past Sunshine Coast before. Glad to hear that you are having great fun on the simulator there, maybe I need to try fly out of there in the simulator, looks like an amazing place to go.
            Hello Fancii can I get those original images.

Comment

Working...
            X