Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kai Tak, hands down.

Comment

what Makes MLE so interesting is that the airport is out in the open sea with no structures around it.This contributes to a strong crosswind, and makes the landing tricky.

Comment

Like I said before, ever landed at Hong Kong's new airport........??
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

An interesting mountain airport approach is flying into Kelowna, BC. The Kelowna airport is situated in a fairly narrow valley where you fly between mountain ranges during the approach. My most memorable approach into Kelowna was a flight when I was sitting next to a passenger from Montreal who was experiencing her first flight over mountains and her first approach into a mountain airport. She became very quiet and her eyes became bigger as we fkew closer to the mountains on the approach. Finally she broke her silence with the question "Are we really going to land here?". Another passenger sitting nearby answered "There really is an airport ahead of us".

For scenic approaches, I agree with another comment on YVR being a very scenic approach on a clear day. Another scenic approach is approaching PDX from the east and getting a great, close-up view of Mt Hood as you descend into PDX. For me, it is the perfect Welcome Home view after being away!!
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

FLying into LAX at night and from the East is quite interesting as well. It seems like you're flying over city lights for about 20 minutes solid before you finally land. The size of the city/area just blows me away every time.

Comment

Personally, my three favorite approaches that I have been are in the following order:

HNL. Nothing like starting your vacation in hawaii by flying by waikiki beach and getting a nice view of the clear water.

EWR. While flying into Newark you get to see the New York skyline, sadly without the twin towers. I have only done a departure from there at night, but I'm sure the arrival at night is specatcular.

DUB. I really enjoyed my aproach into Dublin. As always, there were low clouds, so when we broke out, we flew along the coast line and landed on whichever runway is heading southeast. Was also a fun approach because it was really bumpy. Turbulence is fun.

Comment

Turbulence is fun
                I absolutely and totally agree!!!
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

It's the best part. Best flight was a DHC-8 30 mins. of severe turbulrence.

Comment

Funchal. No comments necessary, I suppose.

Grtz,

Nicki
                    My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

Hi,
                      My favourite approach is the DAYNE into Manchester.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

I always love flying into DCA and I always prefer flying into DCA then BWI or IAD mainly becuase ofthe river visual 19 approach and its only 3 miles from my house.

My wildest approach was landing on runway 19 on an American Airlines 727 from Miami with severe thunderstorms in the area. We had gusting winds with of course, a wind shear alert that the ATC warned us. Just prior to departure at Miami, we had a 90 min. ground stop becuase of the weather front south of DCA. We ended up landing at DCA around 11pm so the night views of my city was very spectacular with lightning in the skies.

The banks and turns makes 19 a famous approach for airplanes. And I guarentee it, for passengers who has never flown to DCA, it is worthwhile. It can be a little bit bumpy at times, but it makes it even more fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X