No announcement yet.

New Midwest MD-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MidEx's DC-9-80s and MD-88s aren't going anywhere, and they fill the long haul gap very well. The only thing to be phased out over time are are DC-9-30s and DC-9-10s. The 717 and the DC-9-80/MD-88 are the schematic they are looking for. Not 737s and A320/319s.

Comment

Cory: I actually worked for them at MCI for 5 months, but had to quit to go back to school. It was a great place to work, and i want my job back in the worst way. The MD-80's are beautiful on the inside, as they are fitted with the MD-90 style bins, and have updated leather seats as well. I believe i have yet to actually load or service one of the MD-88s, as they mainly fly MKE-West Coast, but i'm not sure, it can get pretty hectic on the ramp at times. It was a great job, but try unloading an MD-80 by yourself on a short staffed day, you'll learn to hate that. I had to unload a full MD-80 pretty much alone on a hot ass day in August, 150bags+2200lbs of mail+500lbs of freight=pissed off.
      Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
      -PT-

Comment

Actually, i forgot to add that before the 717, YX was seriously considering the A318/319, but decided on the 717 b/c the 318/9 would be unprofitable in a 2-2 layout (cabin width is too much), so the same pretty much goes for a 737. However, if a LCC is started, i think you could see a different aircraft in the mix. This is, however, if there is a true need for larger aircraft and YX has the money to train pilots for new aircraft. For now, expect DC-9-30s, 717s, and MD-80s, nothing more, nothing less...
        -PT-

Comment

Oh yea. Midwest has football player size seats. I guess the 2-2 wouldn't have been good for the 737, or Bus. Could have done a 2-3?
          Cory Klimko
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

It's not bad looking a little plain. I wonder if they converted any of their MD-80's over to their new seating config?

Comment

The only thing that will be changed on the MD-80s (except 813ME) is the fabric on the bulkheads that says Midwest Express Airlines. The seats will stay the same as they are pretty new and much more comfortable and spacious than the DC9's seats. I doubt anything will be done to the older 9's as they will be replaced very quickly by 717s. According to YX management, they absolutely refuse a 2-3 configuration on any aircraft, to help keep their image apart from other airlines. If anything you would see 2-2-2 on a 767 before 3-2 on a 737 or an A319!!
              -PT-

Comment

Umm....looks OK, but I would love to see their 717s fly into LGA!
                Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Keep your eye out for them at LGA, Flight 3 arrives from MKE at 4:30pm and leaves as flight 85 for MCI at 6:00pm, so they are indeed at LGA already!!!
                  -PT-

Comment

COOOOOOLLLL...Thanks MCIFLYER
                    Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

So will we be seein some cool approach shots???????
                      -PT-

Comment

Working...
                      X