WJA sues AC for $30million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy764

I don't really see how anyone can blame Air Canada for this...
    True that
    -Kevin

Comment

This would be for AirCanada employees: I can only assume there is a license agreement or proper use policy of sorts covering legal and illegal use of the website in question?

-Sturla

Comment

Im not sure if these will help you

Information in relates to user agreement, third party linkages, privacy, warranties and much more when you use any Air Canada own sites or related affiliates

Information in relates to user agreement, third party linkages, privacy, warranties and much more when you use any Air Canada own sites or related affiliates

that last one is for da-bob...
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
          This is a crack up. I thought USA was where all this happened.
          Really?????????
          Jake S.

"There are regular people; and then there are us aviators..."
          Join the battle- [6thPIR] - Call of Duty/United Offensive {"The Worst Soldier" (1st Battalion)} & {Jake (2nd Battalion)}

Comment

Originally posted by acbagsmasher
            Please show your sources for the $200 billion AC owes. Last i heard it was about $2 billion in debt. As for the government showing bias to AC, please state your sources/evidence, cause where i stand from, the government shown no bias to AC.
            the 200bill was an overexageration......
            as to the biased opinions if we look back to the new wing at torono pearson with AC getting all the new gates and WJA getting none....
            AC getting the extra extentions to the bankruptsy protection......
            also the low intrest loan to buy canadian aircraft.... (still haven't heard the outcome of that)

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB
              as to the biased opinions if we look back to the new wing at torono pearson with AC getting all the new gates and WJA getting none....
              Edited: Wrong info

Was kinda funny how WestJet got pushed out of their slots at the new T1 though. Atleast they got a few back (Or did last time I was there and saw a few WJA jets at T1)

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                Originally posted by Da-BoB
                Edited: Wrong info

Was kinda funny how WestJet got pushed out of their slots at the new T1 though. Atleast they got a few back (Or did last time I was there and saw a few WJA jets at T1)
                it wouldn't be so funny if jetsgo or AC had this happen against them though would it?

Comment

I meant 'funny' as in 'suspiciously odd' .. not 'haha'

Comment

AC was promised those gates at T1 new long before WJ ever started flying to YYZ. The judge decided this, so no tis not the government showing us favortism. Eventually WJ, along with everyone else will be with us in the new terminal.

The extensions we recieved were also granted by the judge, not the government. I would think that anyone else who entered CCAA would also ve granted the same extensions, though hopefully no one else will have to go through that, its not alot of fun.

As for the low interest loans, my understanding those are never going to happen, so no bias shown there either.

In my opinion, the Air Canada act actually makes an uneven playing field. No one else has their maintenance bases dictated to them. No one else has it dictated where the head office is. No other airline is forced to have bilingual material and staff on every flight. WJ,SG, etc, don't have any of these requirements.
                    You are always entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you may be.

Comment

First of all why AC is getting all the new gates is simple.

1. AC terminal at YYZ has always been T1
                      2. AC helped fund the new project
                      3. AC has on there website that T1 is theres
                      4. YYC has always been AC hub

What does that all have in common? WJA had no part in either of it.

For the bankruptcy protection, there OUT of it. There out, and doing better than ever.

-Kevin

Comment

I though WJA had paid for the slots at the new T1 and then the deal was cancelled by the GTAA, guess I was wrong

Comment

Isnt WJA in T2 or T3? (sounds like a terminator movie)

There supposed to be revamped in years time, all of them will be connected, and all 3 will form a half moon.
                          -Kevin

Comment

The website in question is a site for ex and current employees of Air Canada to list themselves for standby non-rev travel. It's AC's company policy to allow ex-employees to enjoy these travel benefits even after they leave the company.
                            Sorry, but you've essentially stated that Air Canada knows the risks of having that sort of information available to ex-employees, which therefore leaves them holding the short end of the stick when it comes to responsibility. Policy or not, it's a complete lack of security.

Knowing the risks of having such information available with little controls leaves them with very little credibility. What Hill and his group did was wrong, but again it goes back to the stolen car analogy... most insurance companies won't pay if you were the one who left the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked.

I am not in any way condoning the actions of WJ in this case, but it is amazing to see how many people don't take an obvious lack of security seriously. It's too easy to point fingers without finding the root cause of the problem at hand.
                            My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

A332: Unless it was part of Hill's package when he left AC. (I wouldn't know if there was such a thing or not) BUt if he left AC, and had some kind of deal that allowed him to travel the AC system, then he would have access to the information. No doubt there would or should have been a confidentiality agreement if there was though.

ACMan: T3, but last October there were a couple WJA planes at T1. I don't know why though.

Comment

He accessed the website through LaFond's identity, who just happens to be a former Canadian employee who was released by AC.

We all know how smooth the CP/AC merger went over. You'd think AC would have considered it's options on the private website, especially when you take into account the number of ex-CP staff who are now with WestJet.
                                My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Working...
                                X