X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
    TWA
    Yeah, what is so funny?

Doesnt make sense because the title is SHORT lived airlines.

TWA was around betweem 60-70 years before the AA/TWA merger.

Once again
    -Kevin

Comment

I thought it was funny...fine....i guess its not.

(And i know TWA was around that long, thats why i thought it was funny to say....)
      Last edited by UA-F9 Guy; 2005-02-06, 03:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Avianca 757
        I think VG Airlines got to fly. In fact I read some trip reports where it said they had to do the whole BRU - JFK with only 3 pax once.

Tower Air wasn't that short lived....
        VG airlines did in fact fly to all destinations included on the route map, including Armania. Apparently LAX flights got good loads, but that wasn't enough to keep this airline afloat. Too bad too; it seemed like a cool airline with an awesome livery.
        www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
          VG airlines did in fact fly to all destinations included on the route map, including Armania. Apparently LAX flights got good loads, but that wasn't enough to keep this airline afloat. Too bad too; it seemed like a cool airline with an awesome livery.
          My bad. Thanks for correcting. Yeah that was a nice livery gone to waste.....well at least it got to fly around a bit.

Comment

Actually, didn't VG rename the airline before going under? I'm pretty sure that with both names combined (same airline, though) they operated for about 6-8 months in total. They codeshared with Virgin too, IIRC.
            www.acairport.com

Comment

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                Actually, didn't VG rename the airline before going under? I'm pretty sure that with both names combined (same airline, though) they operated for about 6-8 months in total. They codeshared with Virgin too, IIRC.
                Yup, renamed to Delsey Airlines, the owner's other company, known for it's luggage.

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by HKG-YUL
                  My bad. Thanks for correcting. Yeah that was a nice livery gone to waste.....well at least it got to fly around a bit.
                  If you go to justplanes, their is a video and they go on a few of VG's flighs.
                  - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                    TWA
                    TWA was the oldest U.S airline before they were totally folded into American, 77 years old. BTW Stupid comments won't get you far around here.

Comment

air 21
                      '95-'96

(see avatar)
                      www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Greyhound Airlines - When I lived in Ottawa, I can remember the Greyhound 727('s) coming in constantly. Then one day, they just stopped. I was pretty young at the time. This was like '95-'96..... I think.

Comment

SouthEast , SEAL.com

Well., maybve they had been around a while! But I was sorry to see them leave!
                          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Everyone always forgets about Tango and Zip, Air Canada's silly attempts at low-cost competition.

Both were toast within 2 years.
                            My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
                              Everyone always forgets about Tango and Zip, Air Canada's silly attempts at low-cost competition.

Both were toast within 2 years.
                              Tango is still around. But only for fares.
                              -Kevin

Comment

Let me add some more airlines:
                                Euro Direct Ailines, 04/1994-02/1995, based in Bournemoth with a fleet of 6 J-31s
                                EuroBerlin, 09/1988-10/1994, although effective 1990 it was merely a subsidiary of LH; Started as a cooperatin by LH/AF to connect West Berlin with the rest of West Germany, using 733s, but the fall of the Berlin Wall meant the airline was not needed anymore
                                BerLine, 11/91-04/94, operating IL-18s from TXL
                                Compass Airlines, 11/90-03/93, actually died and reanimated within 1992, tried to compete with Qantas using A300s and Mk II using M80s, but didn't stand a chance
                                Modiluft, 93-96, India-based LH partner airline, using 732s, but differences with the co-owners of the airline, the Modi-group, resulted in a short live
                                Several Turkey-based airlines that all lasted less than 5 years, like Sultan Air, Albatros Airlines, Bosphorus Airlines or BHT, to name only a few.

-Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X