Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your most annoying passenger/seatmate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What also annoys me is when a passenger tells you to "stop taking pictures" while in flight. When I flew from DCA-MIA on AA couple years ago, I shared a row with an off-duty AA flight attendant and she was in uniform since she had to catch her flight out of Miami, I was snapping photos like crazy and the guy behind us complained and she didn't mind since it was not a policy on American Airlines nor the FAA.

Comment

I’ve had a few annoying people sit next to me but the most memorable was a non-rev who was the mother of a United employee. We were seated in business class on a UA 744 bound for Taipei. When we boarded I sat down, got comfy and started reading. I vaguely notice a lady sit next to me and start looking at me. Finally, she asked me “may I use your cell phone to call my daughter?” (the cell was visible in my bag). I politely told her that I don’t live in San Francisco and that the charges would be too high… she was a bit miffed but proceed to tell me about her daughter … of course I could care less.

After we took off and the service started she started complaining to the FA that her food was no good.. “I thought I can get 1st class meals”... the FA was really polite but visibly frustrated because this lady would just not back down. The lady started to get rude and the FA left. Then she turns to me and starts in on the same BS! Finally the purser came to talk to her, she argued more and he told her that she was going to be banned from any future non-rev flight.

Later in the flight I went to talk to the purser. He was so pissed but sorry that I had to go through that ordeal, so he gave me a $100 travel voucher… but the best part of the deal was that I got free upgrades to 1st on my next two flights where he was purser [img]smilewink.gif[/img]
      Sunil
      Lockon Aviation Photography

Comment

I have flown many, many, many times and I can count on ONE hand how many "pleasant" seat mates I've had! I've been blocked into the window seat by two "large" sleepers with absolutely no way to get out! ( I was actually glad they were sleeping because prior to them nodding off they wanted to chat and yak and gab - even though I was listening to a CD walkman with headphones of course! Hey, I lived but I am now an "aisle seat" guy! LOL )

The worst had to have been back in the early 80's on a USAir flight from PIT to DFW on a D9S (white topped for those who may want to know) I had began the flight home at BWI with a connection thru (where else -- Pittsburgh) During the layover I went to the bar to have a few quick brewski's and in the bar was this obnoxiously drunk guy who was drinking straight shots of whiskey and lots of them. Well, I finish my brew and in no time we were already boarded and just about ready push back when I see that the cabin door has been reopened (and of course, the ONLY vacant seat in coach was next to me) and who "pours" onto the plane but Mr. Jim Beam himself. Now this guy up to this point is visibly inebriated but, hey, I'm a party boy myself at times so we proceed to chat and I soon learn that he had spent the last 6 months on an offshore oil rig and that even though he was "straight" I was making him real horny and he wanted to ..well, y'know. Here is where the nightmare begins, he is in the window seat, I am seated on the aisle, we are on the "2" side. The male flight attendant was asking the "3" side of our row if they wanted "steak or chicken" so to say and that is when Mr. Corn Squeezins reaches over me and pinches the flight attendant real hard on his ass and quickly backs away and giggles and that is when the flight attendant swings around and proceeds to shout at ME that what I do in my OWN TIME .blah blah blah.. just yelling at me harshly for all to hear and snicker and giggle etc... I was only 19 or 20 years old and was traumatized out of my mind! I laugh about it now. Later in the flight I even approached the flight attendant while he was doing whatever they do in the galley to let him know that I wasn't the "one" and just wanted him to know that and he started yelling at me AGAIN... nowdays I would term such a personality as pure psycho ... and no, I was not leading Mr. Offshore-is-horny on prior to this incident either! and yes, the bartender in Pittsburgh was serving beer to little ole' underage me! LOL!
        "Idle hands don't get clap"

Comment

My seatmate from hell was actually behind me, a seven year old or so little girl who repeatedly kicked the back of my seat on a YYZ-YVR flight, or maybe YYZ-YEG, at any rate a longer flight. After repeatedly asking her father politely to control his child to no avail (he insisted she was not kicking) I called the F/A, who asked politely as well, also to no avail, and I could not move because it was a full flight. Finally after an hour plus of this nonsense, I got fed up and tossed a full glass of water w/ice over the seat and soaked the lot of them. Shouting erupted in Arabic, and the little brat ceased her kicking.
          ________
          Fisting Fetish

Comment

Hehehe. Thats a really good trick I should try it next time i fly, just for the heck of it.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Must have been "Clear Air Turbulence"

Comment

Yeah, sometimes you hit that stuff and everything goes flying.

Comment

Working...
                X