Question about EK A380 services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bok269
    SYD is a bigger city, meaning bigger market.
    difference is that many of the major companies in Australia are now HQ'ing themselves in Melbourne...

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Some of the businesses are, but the tourist market is still going to be to/from Sydney.

Brisbane is just going to get bigger and bigger, although I don't think it will overtake Melbourne just yet.

Of course MEL will get A380 services, thats a no-brainer. A lot of cities in the world will get them eventually... but its going to be many years before there are a large number of them in service.

There seems to be such an emphasis on size of an airport, and numbers of airplanes... personally I think that the desire should be for a well run, efficient airport, and from a spotting point of view, varied airlines, aircraft, and an organised airport for allowing spotting!

Melbourne doesn't need another runway, surely that just makes it harder to photograph at anyway

Comment

I read recently that EK will add a 3rd daily service to SYD and MEL prior to the arrival of the A380.

Currently they operate to MEL one non-stop A345 flight and one 773 flight via SIN.

Two questions:

1. Would the new 3rd flight be more likely a 77W or A345?

2. If the 3rd flight was a 77W, what a/c would the A380 most likely replace on the route? 77W or A345? I assume DXB-SIN-MEL will remain either 77W or 773.

Finally, my travel agent told me a few days ago that the SQ representative in Melbourne told him that SQ will most likely start operating the A380 to MEL in about a year from now.

Comment

I checked the DXB-SYD schedule right through to next July 31/08 and they only show EK418 a B77W and EK412 an A3345.

For DXB-MEL to Jul31/08 there is EK404 a B773 and EK406 an A345.

No 3rd flight for sale yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
            I checked the DXB-SYD schedule right through to next July 31/08 and they only show EK418 a B77W and EK412 an A3345.

For DXB-MEL to Jul31/08 there is EK404 a B773 and EK406 an A345.

No 3rd flight for sale yet.
            It says they will add a 3rd daily flight. Hasn't been announced yet.

Besides, if EY and QR start MEL does anyone think they will bother to go 3 x daily ex MEL?

Comment

Working...
            X