U.S.Air Single Operating Cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    I've always been a fan of the Cactus callsign, but I'll bet USair will likely stick around.
    Nope. It definately won't. They are just waiting for the pilot groups to merge, and then it will be all Cactus. So in other words, USAir will be around for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
      Wonder if AC will have code share on the flights leaving from YEG?
      I understand...yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
        Acutally HP bought US but took the US name.
        idiots i think America West is a much better looking airline.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
          idiots i think America West is a much better looking airline.

-Chris
          Contrary to what you might come to believe, JP does not represent the majority of the flying public. US was the better-known airline, and so they decided to stick with their name. It was actually the smarter move.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
            Contrary to what you might come to believe, JP does not represent the majority of the flying public. US was the better-known airline, and so they decided to stick with their name. It was actually the smarter move.
            Not to mention USAir has an obviously more national sounding name vs. HP's more regional one.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
              since when does JP have an airline? as for the national airline yes that sounds better than America West but i still liked them better. besides their logojets actually looked halfway decent.

-Chris

Comment

Huh? He was saying JP as in us at jetphotos.net.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

From what I have heard and discussed with US Airways employees, I have heard CACTUS was the remaining call sign which does dispute what you have said Star_Alliance, So, I won't argue but not one employee I have spoken to has heard of the USAIR call sign staying.

For regional purposes, US Airways was the better name , however the name has been known for HORRIBLE service, as was AWA (remember the name America's Worst Airline?), and AWA I am sure wanted to rid of the image also.

From what I have understand and spoken to, HP holdings bought US Airways, and Kept the US Airways name, this company is everyway controlled by America West Folks, with the US Airways employees merged in and the "brand name" kept, US Airways.

I truly don't think if they kept America West Airlines, it would not have that bad of a name. I mean Southwest Airlines is the largest Airline, yet our name doesn't fit our service, yet thats just our name. Same for AWA, thats their name.

As for calls signs, Cactus is not less confusing (or more..), then Speedbird (used by British Airways--what does speedbird have to do with the airline name?). If it is called Cactus, thats all that needs to be known by Pilots and ATC, US Airways is using cactus as call sign, remember it and move on. Doesn't need to be a huge debate over it.

After already seeing the effect of AA and TWA, I hate to see the fans of US and AWA go through again what we TWA fans did.

Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
                    From what I have heard and discussed with US Airways employees, I have heard CACTUS was the remaining call sign which does dispute what you have said Star_Alliance, So, I won't argue but not one employee I have spoken to has heard of the USAIR call sign staying.

Alex
                    Both are staying until the pilot groups can merge. AFter that, its Cactus across the board.

Thanks for the insight, Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
                      If you've got a fork handy (and preferably some salt too), I'll eat my words up for ya.

Comment

Alex, "Speedbird" relates to the little birds that used to be painted on the forward part of BA planes until the late 80s or so. When the birds were taken off the scheme, the pilots didn't want to part with the callsign "Speedbird", frankly because it kicks ass.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                        X