Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China Airlines 738 found to have 77cm of crack and destroy runway light in Saga Japan

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    To each his own. If I had the money, I would be visiting every Asian country, save for China and Burma/Birma/Myanmar asap.
    Why not China? When I was going to visit my brother in Shanghai the first time I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but I absolutely freakin loved it. It was 100% different from what I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net
      Taiwan is a Democratic Republic of China. While mainland Chine is under Communist control Taiwan formed a more free type of Govt. Taiwan came under Chiniese control after WW 2. 25-30 years ago lots of goods sold in the US were made in Taiwan. Now if you take a look where are they being made?? China This is mainly due to the fact that Taiwan Labor has become more exspensive.
      Man am I glad I live in the U.S. I can only imagine what those kids have to learn about in history class.
      Mrs. Johnson, where do we live?
      Johnny we live in Taiwan which is controled by China but is still called Taiwan.

But I still don't get why they didn't name it Taiwan Airlines.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
        Man am I glad I live in the U.S. I can only imagine what those kids have to learn about in history class.
        I hate to say this but those kids in Taiwan are learning a whole lot more that the students in the US Public school system.

{RANT}

The Education system in the US has gone down the tubes big time when all it takes is one political or religious group to get an entire lesson taken out of the curriculium because they are afraid it might upset some ethnic group. When i was talking with locals around here half my age about the ride i took in a B-17 they did not know what a B-17 was. When i told them that it was used to bomb Nazi Germany into submission durring WW 2, they knew that there was a WW 2 but did not know who the Nazi's were and what there goals were.

Why do they not teach this historical information like the use to? Because they are afraid of upsetting the Jewish community, or perhaps German immigrants.

Being Born in Germany my father being Irish / Native American, and my mother French. Do i get offended at any if the things that have happened to my ancestors? NO I feel it is a tool to educate the future masses on why these wierd and evil plans of twisted individuals did not work.

{/RANT}

Taiwan is an island country under the control of a foreign goverment. Just like the US controls Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands, The UK controls the Faulklands, and The Netherlands control Aruba, St. Marten... Taiwan is just different in the fact that they give the people more freedoms than the people in mainland China get.
        Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
        http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

I hate to say this but those kids in Taiwan are learning a whole lot more that the students in the US Public school system.

{RANT}

The Education system in the US has gone down the tubes big time when all it takes is one political or religious group to get an entire lesson taken out of the curriculium because they are afraid it might upset some ethnic group. When i was talking with locals around here half my age about the ride i took in a B-17 they did not know what a B-17 was. When i told them that it was used to bomb Nazi Germany into submission durring WW 2, they knew that there was a WW 2 but did not know who the Nazi's were and what there goals were.

Why do they not teach this historical information like the use to? Because they are afraid of upsetting the Jewish community, or perhaps German immigrants.

Being Born in Germany my father being Irish / Native American, and my mother French. Do i get offended at any if the things that have happened to my ancestors? NO I feel it is a tool to educate the future masses on why these wierd and evil plans of twisted individuals did not work.

{/RANT}

Taiwan is an island country under the control of a foreign goverment. Just like the US controls Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands, The UK controls the Faulklands, and The Netherlands control Aruba, St. Marten... Taiwan is just different in the fact that they give the people more freedoms than the people in mainland China get.
          Those are all very good points. Political correctness has gone out of control.

Anyways, about CI, a few years ago they had a 742 that broke up in flight because of tail strike damage that happened 25 years before had never been repaired correctly.

Comment

OK I see. I have to agree that political correctness if WAAAY out of control. It's only a matter of time before we are ordering freedom fries at BK istead of french fries. In our math books all of the example have really weird names like Vladmir and Rae (no offense to anyone). all of the examples of experiments in our Life Science book have a handicapped person a black girl and a boy with glasses. Come on.

And back on topic...
            Hopefully China Airlines will learn to take better care of their A/C so they don't start loosing customers.

-Chris

Comment

Taiwan is a Democratic Republic of China. While mainland Chine is under Communist control Taiwan formed a more free type of Govt. Taiwan came under Chiniese control after WW 2. 25-30 years ago lots of goods sold in the US were made in Taiwan. Now if you take a look where are they being made?? China This is mainly due to the fact that Taiwan Labor has become more exspensive.
              Just to clarify: Taiwan has always been part of China for centuries, save for the few decades of Japanese countrol. The Kuomingtang unilaterally declared, or tried to declare Republic of China independent from PRC, to some degree of success depending on how you look at it, but it has never been fully recognized internationally.

~~~~~
              The continued poor performance of CI is puzzling, at least for me, especially when EVA seems to be doing just fine. (EVA's service is excellent btw. They served me a full lunch on a one hour flight 2 years ago when most other airlines began to cut meal services on domestic flights)

Even the big mainland China airlines are pretty good. Air China and China Eastern are both set to join alliances. CI seems to be trying its darnest to taint the image of Chinese aviation... :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER

So you think that because airlines have financial troubles they start cutting corners on safety :rolleyes: ? Here's a hint, the US has this thing called FAA that monitors the ongoings, and would come down hard on any carrier trying to cut corners. There's a reason why you don't see those "basically insolvent" US carriers having incident after incident on the scale that CI is having them, not to mention that those US carriers are easily 3-5 times as large as CI.
                Yeah the FAA is doing a great job to keep air safety at the level it is in the US, especially when most of majors are a financial basket case. But things can still go wrong, eg Alaska Airlines crash 31/1/2000.

It is a matter of relativity. Essentially alI airlines as safe (except for those in the Congo) since dying in a plane crash is an extremely rare way to die. But an airline that is financially healthy will clearly find it easier to meet it's maintenance committments so is slightly less likely crash IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tsv

It is a matter of relativity. Essentially alI airlines as safe (except for those in the Congo) since dying in a plane crash is an extremely rare way to die. But an airline that is financially healthy will clearly find it easier to meet it's maintenance committments so is slightly less likely crash IMO.
                  Will a company in good financial state be able meet their maintenance requirements easier? Maybe. But no company will stay in business with ill-maintiained aircraft in the air.

The Jewish community is completely pro-education about the Holocaust. Im lucky to live in an area that has great education and educates us amply on what that bastard did to our people. That being said, America on the whole has issues about education that need to be addressed. Apathy by choice among our youth is another issue that needs to be corrected.

Comment

Despite AJ's earlier pleas, this thread has gone totally off topic!
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                    X