744 takeoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 744 takeoff

Now there's something you don't see everyday...

Also note the shallow takeoff angle (than usual).

Not bad, a 3,000ft take-off. And people say the 747 isn't STOL-capable .

Comment

Nothing like flying a 747 empty. Takeoff's are fun, getting it to land is another matter!
      Don
      Standard practice for managers around the world:
      Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

That was a REALLY short takeoff. Was it just me, or were the flaps a little lower than normal (I could be wrong)?

I wish I worked for Delta
        AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
          Was it just me, or were the flaps a little lower than normal (I could be wrong)?
          I agree, looks maybe like 20 degrees. Might aswell use the extra 10 degrees if you've got no weight onboard.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
            I agree, looks maybe like 20 degrees. Might aswell use the extra 10 degrees if you've got no weight onboard.

Dale
            Flaps 10 and Flaps 20 are the normal T/O configuration in the 747.

While "Flaps 20" is more than normal for typical airliners, it's nothing out of the ordinary for the 747.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Flaps 20 is our standard setting on the 747-400.
              [photoid=532610]
              This is one of our 744s heading from Sydney to Melbourne with 30,000kg of fuel (minimum allowable), airborne before the RW16R/07 intersection which is an awesome sight. It is a revenue service.

Comment

Have been on a flight like that, flying from HKG to BKK on a Thai A330-300 with only 20 pax or so on the plane. It's even more awesome inside the plane, feeling the power of the engines, literally feeling the acceleration and the push on the back by the seat.
                Next:
                None Planned

Comment

Working...
                X