How many A300 does AA have left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many A300 does AA have left?

Does anyone know how many a300 is american operating now?

Originally posted by msy767 View Post
    Does anyone know how many a300 is american operating now?
    24?? This ARTICLE Dated July 2008 says 34 with 10 to be retired by the end of the year with the rest by end of 2009.
    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

I thought for some reason I read they were all going to be gone by Aug..don't quote me.

Comment

13 A300s are left:

N14065
        N14068
        N14077
        N3075A
        N40064
        N41063
        N70073
        N70074
        N7062A
        N7076A
        N80084
        N8067A
        N90070
        It's all about aviation in Switzerland and Europe!

CH-Aviation

Comment

On what routes are they used? In september I will go on holiday to Washington DC, any chance for me to see them there?
          Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
            On what routes are they used? In september I will go on holiday to Washington DC, any chance for me to see them there?
            Nope def now, they are used at JFK, Florida, and the Caribbean.

Comment

What's the time frame on the rest of them?

Comment

This made me curious so I checked the AA timetable and all the A300 flights are being discontinued on August 24th. They are being replaced with a mix of 757's and 738's.

Comment

Well poop. I won't be able to catch one then.

Comment

I can see a lot of them finding new homes at cargo airlines. Possibly with Fedex and UPS even although i wouldnt mind a few coming to DHL here in Europe. Sad to see these leave the AA fleet before i had the chance to go to the USA and see them. Thats just another one i will miss alongwith NWA, American West and Frontier. Oh well i spose that in the world of aviation things can change very quickly and i should get used to it.

Comment

Flew on one JFK-MIA in March, it was interesting. Nice big roomy airplane, I like the 2-5-2 seating, makes window seats nice.

Looks like they are also being replaced with 767s on some routes

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                        Flew on one JFK-MIA in March, it was interesting. Nice big roomy airplane, I like the 2-5-2 seating, makes window seats nice.

Looks like they are also being replaced with 767s on some routes
                        763 is taking over some of the routes and it looks like they now have 2 762s doing the JFK-MIA route on certain days. The 762 is a great ride because AA sells it as 2 class, you can snag a biz seat if your Elite for a deep discounted coach ticket.

Comment

Actually most of the flights are being replaced by 752 and 763 and on flights to south america they use 763.

Comment

So AA has solved the issue of the need for cargo capacity to the Caribbean? I thought they kept the A300 flying for so long on the Caribbean routes is because they need the large belly-cargo capacity of the A300. 757 definitely would not cut it for cargo. Even the 767 cargo space is smaller than the A300. But the 777 is too large for passengers operations. So has anything changed? I would think cargo demand for the Caribbean was less affected by the economic downturn?
                            Next:
                            None Planned

Comment

had dinner two nights ago with an AA FA who told me that most of her friends are upset about loosing the A300. As far as they are concerned, it is nice a roomy with a pretty huge rear galley = lots of room for them to hide out!

as for the biz class seats on the 763, you can keep 'em. they feel small compared to other a/c biz seats and are a full inch narrower than the a300 first class seats. heck, even the narrow body 757 (my personal favorite) has first class seats that are 2.5 inches wider!!!

unfortunately for me, on one of my most common routes MIA - MGA, one flight daily has been replaced with the 763. I guess I will try to take the 737 flight, which is the later flight instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X