Favorite Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWa A330
    DTW is bomb! NO, Delta hasnt moved to the new terminal yet. Usually I fly WN but I love seeing the red tails lined up from WN terminal.
    As long as your not in the Smith or Barry terminal, then DTW is a sweet airport!

Comment

Despite its sheer size, ATL is still concentrated in a given aerea, for an hub this size served by such heavy trafic, Time between push back and taking-off is not so slow.
      Especially if compared to other hubs such as PHL, which is really terrible in terms of custom clearence / variety of aircrafts seen / time of taxi to runway !!!!
      Except for Alaska which is not a major, Seattle is in fact nobody's home thus contributing to the diversity which adds to the interest in spotting there.
      My last visit dates back to 1999, I still remenber of a configuration of terminal much more reminiscent of the setting of a multi-layed cake than long term planning, with the security checks coming along. Too bad, it took quite a long time to reach the runway. Otherwise, the city served is one of the nicest in the US (in my point of view), and Tacoma remains one of the most interesting airport in the US along with LAS and SLC.
      Best regards
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I like PDX airport, but JFK is nica also

Comment

Favorite Hub

Definately ATL . It has the best terminal and runway layout of all airports in the US with it's main terminal and the satellite concourses and it two runway pairs which allow for up to 190 aircraft movements in good weather conditions (which unfortunately don't always prevail). I still agree that something needs to be done about modernising the Concourses, especially C North End (easy to get on the wrong plane), Concourse D (looks old and is often too empty) and of course Concourse T ( the old International Concourse), it's also old and too crowded (basically 767(-400)ops by DL). But A and B still look good for their age, and E could only use some moving sidewalks. And, according to their website, they are in the process of redesigning the whole terminal area including the concourses, even though that should take until 2012 .

Comment

Even though it is always crowded and I feel like an olympic track star running from gate to gate I love ATL

Delta for the money has some of the best service in and out of ATL along with Airtran. I only wish that Airtran would come to CHA
            O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

It has the best terminal and runway layout of all airports in the US with
              I AGREE!!!!

Tacoma remains one of the most interesting airport in the US along with LAS and SLC.
              I have to disagree with SLC. It's dominated by DL-Skywest. I guess it does have others like SW and JBLU, but I'd think that for the most part it'd be boring. Just my oppinion.

My last visit dates back to 1999, I still remenber of a configuration of terminal much more reminiscent of the setting of a multi-layed cake than long term planning, with the security checks coming along.
              I didn't know that. I thought SEA was a well planned airport. I have never been there, but from pictures and their terminal map, I would have to disagree.

Comment

I would have to say SFO, of course. If we are talking diveristy though, I like both of Northwest's US hubs MSP and DTW. Boeing, Airbus and McDonnell Douglas, sweet!
                "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci

My first taste: SFO-SNA, United 757-200 May 10, 1993

Comment

SeaTac is a pain for the user - it's even sometimes a pain for those of us who work there! The security lines sometimes stretch from the checkpoints out onto the airport drive, and each concourse has its own checkpoint.

When the new central terminal project is completed next summer they plan to move security to a position level with the ticket counters, which will end the multiple screening problems, but for now don't even think of trying to connect in SEA in less than 90min.

Nearly all QX flights now operate from the C concourse, the remaining few from the South satellite, with a bus connection between the two.

David

Comment

my favorite of all time is Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
                    Its very nicely upkept. And is the the main and largest hub of my all time favorite airline. I also love Atlanta, Washington Dulles, Chicago O'hare, and Phoenix sky harbor. But Houston is the best. Plus its a nice area and very pretty greenery.

Work Hard Fly Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Work Hard Fly Right!

Comment

my favorite of all time is Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
                      Only a "convenient" 1.5 hour drive from downtown Houston. Add the 2 hours early to be at the airport and its longer than your flight. Also, once you get there, the layout is a litttle confusing for the average person.

Comment

Originally posted by David Atkinson
                        SeaTac is a pain for the user - it's even sometimes a pain for those of us who work there! The security lines sometimes stretch from the checkpoints out onto the airport drive, and each concourse has its own checkpoint.

When the new central terminal project is completed next summer they plan to move security to a position level with the ticket counters, which will end the multiple screening problems, but for now don't even think of trying to connect in SEA in less than 90min.

Nearly all QX flights now operate from the C concourse, the remaining few from the South satellite, with a bus connection between the two.

David
                        Really, I got an hour and tenty six minute connection between Horizon and Alaska. Is that enough?

Comment

I edited the original post to include ORD.

Which is the busiest traffic wise hub (dual AA and UA) in the world.

I dont know why SEA is on the list. No major carrier has a hub there. I hardly think AS counts.
                          Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                          Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Only a "convenient" 1.5 hour drive from downtown Houston. Add the 2 hours early to be at the airport and its longer than your flight. Also, once you get there, the layout is a litttle confusing for the average person.
                            [/quote]

Im not talking about the drive there or the check-in. I dont live in Houston. And for people that live in downtown Houston they can fly out of Hobby. Cut me some slack here! Oh by the way I wanted to let you know that my parents are in Charelston right now. They flew in on ACA from IAD i believe.
                            Work Hard Fly Right!

Comment

Cut me some slack here! Oh by the way I wanted to let you know that my parents are in Charelston right now. They flew in on ACA from IAD i believe.
                              Sorry. I have never switched in IAH, but I want to. I am flying from CHS-TUS in November on DL through DFW, but I wanted to fly through IAH. I think DFW will be easier this time b/c I will be w/ my grandparents and we won't have to leave the DL connection sattelite terminal.

Tell your parents I hope they have fun in CHS! It's a great city!

Comment

Working...
                              X