No announcement yet.

End of Air Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ur stuck on this idea that wikipedia is always accurate. u really should be careful with that assumption

the wiki article qualifies itself by stating that the info was "accurate" as of 2009. the wiki article's source for this info is www.airfleets.net. where they get there info from is anyone's guess, as there is no source data cited to on their website.

anyway, i would believe the airline's info over wiki or some secondary website any day.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      ur stuck on this idea that wikipedia is always accurate. u really should be careful with that assumption

the wiki article qualifies itself by stating that the info was "accurate" as of 2009. the wiki article's source for this info is www.airfleets.net. where they get there info from is anyone's guess, as there is no source data cited to on their website.

anyway, i would believe the airline's info over wiki or some secondary website any day.
      So are you saying that i was lying because i got this information from wikipedia?
      If you look at other websites like answers.com or britannica.com, they would also feature articles from wikipedia itself and they are treating it like wikipedia has the accurate information. So its not about what i assume but what wikipedia or other websites asssume about a particular article because we may never know whose right or whose wrong.
      And let me make it clear that when wikipedia show LIAT's fleet as of 2009, means that the fleet remains unchanged as of that year. But you said there were 17 aircraft in the fleet according to LIAT's website, but when i went under airfleets.net, they said 18 aicraft with 6 of them stored and wikipedia said a fleet of 20 with 4 stored. So wikipedia and airfleets.net said that some of the aircraft are stored but in different number. It may not be accurate but it's a FACT. That's one thing that i like about wikipedia regardless if the info is accurate or not, it always present fact(s).
      By the way, wikipedia always remain update on every article in the world and i'm not lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Starjack View Post
        So are you saying that i was lying because i got this information from wikipedia?
        If you look at other websites like answers.com or britannica.com, they would also feature articles from wikipedia itself and they are treating it like wikipedia has the accurate information. So its not about what i assume but what wikipedia or other websites asssume about a particular article because we may never know whose right or whose wrong.
        And let me make it clear that when wikipedia show LIAT's fleet as of 2009, means that the fleet remains unchanged as of that year. But you said there were 17 aircraft in the fleet according to LIAT's website, but when i went under airfleets.net, they said 18 aicraft with 6 of them stored and wikipedia said a fleet of 20 with 4 stored. So wikipedia and airfleets.net said that some of the aircraft are stored but in different number. It may not be accurate but it's a FACT. That's one thing that i like about wikipedia regardless if the info is accurate or not, it always present fact(s).
        By the way, wikipedia always remain update on every article in the world and i'm not lying.
        you obviously have some sort of complex. i never even insinuated you were lying. the fact that you believe that wiki presents FACTS proves that you dont really understand what wiki is about. hint: just about anyone can edit a wiki article.

also, perhaps you should click on the "stored" column on airfleets.net and read what is listed. hint: they list "scrapped" aircraft as stored.

i'm done trying to inform you.

Comment

Okay, i'm really sorry that i take out on you, TeeVee. I'll just treat wiki like a website with no accurancy but the summarise version of everything.

Comment

Anyway,

Air Jamaica Reschedules Kingston Flights May 25 and May 26, 2010

Published May 25, 2010

KINGSTON, JAMAICA – May 25, 2010 – The following schedule changes to Air Jamaica’s Kingston flights have been made due to the current situation of unrest.

Today, Tuesday May 25, 2010
            JM 036 will depart tomorrow, May 26, at 7:45 am, arriving Kingston at 8:25 am
            Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 26, 2010
            JM 015 will depart Kingston at 9:30 am, arriving New York JFK at 2:15 pm
            JM 014 will depart New York JFK at 3:15 pm, arriving Kingston at 6:05 pm
            JM 031 will depart Kingston at 7:30 am, arriving Fort Lauderdale at 10:10 am
            JM 030 will depart Fort Lauderdale at 11:10 am, arriving Kingston at 11:50 am
            JM 037 from Kingston to Fort Lauderdale has been cancelled
            JM 036 from Fort Lauderdale to Kingston has been cancelled

Passengers should contact Air Jamaica’s Reservations Center at 1-800-523-5585 for updates and to revise their itineraries. Updates will also be available in the media and on the website www.AirJamaica.com.

About Air Jamaica
            Air Jamaica offers the most nonstop flights between the U.S. and Jamaica with more than 161 weekly flights, including service between Jamaica and Toronto, New York (JFK), Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Fort Lauderdale. Voted “The Caribbean’s Leading Airline” for 12 consecutive years, Air Jamaica offers one of the industry’s most generous rewards programs, 7th Heaven Rewards, along with award-winning entertainment—SkyWritings magazine and the video Island Stylee. On May 1, 2010, Air Jamaica joined forces with Caribbean Airlines, and over the course of an expected 12-month transition period operations will continue as normal. Air Jamaica and Caribbean Airlines, on the way to one Caribbean airline.

Comment

Working...
            X