Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EI looking to join an alliance.

http://atwonline.com/airline-finance...-alliance-0610

EI has received "some very strong interest" from members of each of the three alliances,
    Battle between the 3 again?

Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
    Well - I guess all three alliances would want to bring Aer Lingus into the fold... Will be interesting to see how this turns out. I can't quite make up my mind which of the three is the frontrunner on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      Well - I guess all three alliances would want to bring Aer Lingus into the fold... Will be interesting to see how this turns out. I can't quite make up my mind which of the three is the frontrunner on this one.
      Well, I can't guarantee a neutral view on that, but... EI is relatively small, so maybe they want an alliance with UA and some other big intercontis.
      I can imagine that having an alliance with UA is not the worst thing, I like the shamrock jets and they should keep their colour.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

I see them going to Star!

They left OneWorld and going back would strangle them against the beast that is BA/IB.

As horribly packed as Europe is with Star Alliance members, they could partner with BMI to get decent connections to the U.K. and link themselves to the new UA at already established hubs (ORD, EWR and the like).

As for SkyTeam - who do they cooperate with in that alliance at the moment?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Personally, i see them with star.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
            (...) As for SkyTeam - who do they cooperate with in that alliance at the moment?
            They cooperate with KL and there is definitely potential for them in Skyteam. Delta is flying to DUB and SNN as far as I know and they could team up their, save some cost and share some revenue.

Air France's Cityjet of course could be an obstacle, but then who knows what creative idea they can come up with about that.

Comment

Working...
            X