• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA 777 loses its door at DFW gate

American 777 Loses Door at DFW

June 17, 2010
    By admin
    Well, they didn’t really “lose” the door. It’s still in the jetway.

Deplaning didn’t go smoothly Tuesday morning for an American 777.
    Apparently, an American Airlines flight arriving at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport lost its door in a Terminal D jetbridge.
    The aircraft pulled up to the terminal around 6:20 a.m. and docked with the jetbridge. Flight attendants opened the door to start letting passengers off the plane.
    However, it appears that the brakes either failed or were not set and ground crews did not put blocks around the wheels as the plane rolled backwards about 200 feet, ripping the door off the Boeing 777.
    I’m still waiting for a callback from American Airlines about the incident. But the photos, which the Star-Telegram received from a reader, pretty much tell the story.
    "Where's the door? It was here a second ago"

"Wait! The door is here on the jetway. Where'd the plane go?"

Opps.Woopsi!!!!!!!
    what ever happens......happens

Lmao!!! Fail!!
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

taxi check list compete
      Arrival Checklist

CHOCKS !!!!

Ooops.

Comment

Hmm This is amusing. That is going to be one expensive booboo .

Comment

News Video Daily Double

You may be right W7PSK, looks like somebody forgot the chocks.
          what ever happens......happens

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Diffoot View Post
            News Video Daily Double

You may be right W7PSK, looks like somebody forgot the chocks.
            Ok....I'm just a parlor talker....they don't set a parking brake?

I can't believe that chocks exist to literally hold the plane (EXCEPT as a safety backup).

If the plane rolled back and rested on the chocks, You'd have to wiggle it with the tug to get the chocks out!
            Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Only the Americans how long is going to be before someone starts sueing for something stupid.

Well narrated by the way Eric.

Comment

Only the Americans?

Leaving an aircraft sitting on Chocks with the brakes released is not an uncommon practice. And yes I've seen it done in in the UK.

We don't do it as as a standard practice, however if the brakes are hot after landing, or we have a short turnaround, it is sometimes done to ensure the aircraft is ready for the next departure.

Brakes can also fail!

Comment

GA aircraft are not always chocked - I have seen 3 roll away down an obvious slope at the same airfield - one hit another aircraft, one hit a small shed and one hit a car (mine!)

Comment

airliners...

...don't set the brakes on arrival because they are hot from landing and the heat concentration from compressed disks and rotors van damage brakes. So chocks are kind of crucial when deplaning.

Comment

"Where's the door? It was here a second ago"

Well put, Lmao! My uncle who works for United told me about this, I couldn't believe till I actually saw it. Rofl!

Comment

Working...
                      X