Boeing 700 series. What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 700 series. What's next?

I was curious to what Boeing will do after they create the 797. The 700 series is done after that point, so what does Boeing do in terms of another line of aircraft's?

Boeing used so-called project numbers for each kind of their projects and the resulting product. With the end of usage the 300s for the piston-engined airliners (e.g. Boeing 314, Boeing 377 or 367 up to the Dash 80 etc), they had to take the 700s, because all numbers from 400s up 500s and 600s were used for engines, missiles and other devices they were working on. I don't know what project numbers Boeing has dispensed until today, but they coud easily start with 100 or even 1000. Question is, how easy Boeing can establish a new prominent type designation for future airliners as known with the 7s. BTW: Boeing build the C-135s with type designation 717-100 and various military versions as Model 739.

get FRA spotting informations here:
    www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Two random thoughts:

7A7, 7B7....
      7007, 7117...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

It really doesn't matter because the 787 still not complete, also it takes years upon years to design and manufacture an airplane. It would be cool if they went with like the 808 or something

Comment

It might not be entirely necessary to get rid of the 700 series, it could actually make use of some intermediate model designations, like it did with the 720.

Comment

I doubt the B797 will fly within 20 years, currently Boeing got more than they can handle with the B748 and B787 programmes.
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
            X