Reproduce the 757?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduce the 757?

Would it be profitable for Boeing to restart production of the 757?

Think about it.

* 5 aircraft per month (or more)
    * use the 737 production line (which i beleive was the original 757 line too)
    * winglets as standard (unless unwanted)

With airlines like TCX starting to phase out their 757's soon this would probably be a good idea for replacement, how many other aircraft can you think of that make a profit on all routes wether it is MAN-LHR or MAN-ORD.

would it be profitable.

and then there is AA, UA etc

hm.... I think.....but I think also not.....

the 757 would need new engines..... and so...

the 737-900ER is the replacement by BOEING
    the A321 is the replacement by AIRBUS

freighter:
    the 737NG is soon in the profitable conversion age
    the A330-200F is on the market
    the A321F is to be launched...

would make less profit or even loss......
    but, ayway, would be nice
    please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

Originally posted by EKA380 View Post
      .....With airlines like TCX starting to phase out their 757's soon......
      Have you asked yourself why a number of airlines have phased out 757s in recent years ? This perhaps answers your question.

Comment

but the A321 and 737 900ER can't really fully replace the 757 can they.

I couldn't see AA ordering the A321 and i don't really see them ordering the 737 900ER either. I'm sure they would at least place an order.

Comment

Why should Boeing reproduce a design of the mid-1970's which contains a lot of the 727?

get FRA spotting informations here:
          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Why not right back to the 727? How many aircraft can Trans-Pac and still have rough field capability?

The way our US economy is going we will be back to the cinder strips like Newark had in the 40's.
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

hm....

a new 757 would be great, but then, fully NG.... new engines, carbon-based materials..... a mixture of the 737NG/2, 767 and 787

great could it become....

UA, US, AA.... theyhave a large number of 757 and couldn't replace them, because 737-9ER and A321 are way smaller and couldn't fly the same routes....

there could be an av. order for 757NG at around 300-500 planes!
              please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

Originally posted by EKA380 View Post
                but the A321 and 737 900ER can't really fully replace the 757 can they.
                Well, actually, they can, and they are. Those aircraft can do the job of many 757 missions. Sure, at the margin, the 757 has superior performance, which is useful, but at an economic penalty. Airlines make a trade-off and judge that, on the whole, they do not now need the extra performance of the 757, which has a cost and weight disadvantage versus other types. The major exception to this, perhaps, is on transatlantic flights, where the 757 has found a new niche for itself, which few people foresaw 15-25 years ago.

Comment

A321NEO is directly aimed at the 757 market.

Comment

I do agree that a plane made with modern engines, more modern wings of the size of the 757 would work well but i dont think you will ever see a 757 produced again. Was the 787-300 supposed to replace the 757 and 767-200 or is that just me having a bad memory?

Comment

Originally posted by DAIRD View Post
                      Why should Boeing reproduce a design of the mid-1970's which contains a lot of the 727?
                      Because they continue to produce the 737 which is a design of the mid 1960s?

Because the 757 size is inbetween a 737 and a 767 and maybe there's some demand for that size that is being met by the competition that makes cheap, composite, flawed FMS logic, aircraft designed by the frenchman?
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Would like to see them reproduce this, it is a nice plane, but it doubtful.
                        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Because the 757 size is inbetween a 737 and a 767 and maybe there's some demand for that size that is being met by the competition that makes cheap, composite, flawed FMS logic, aircraft designed by the frenchman?

Ask not me. Ask Boeing.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
                            hm....

a new 757 would be great, but then, fully NG.... new engines, carbon-based materials..... a mixture of the 737NG/2, 767 and 787

great could it become....

UA, US, AA.... theyhave a large number of 757 and couldn't replace them, because 737-9ER and A321 are way smaller and couldn't fly the same routes....

there could be an av. order for 757NG at around 300-500 planes!
                            ...and FBW, no, I think the Tu-204 new version is enough.
                            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                              But the 757 was essentially never upgraded, while there is a world of difference between the 737-100/200 and the 737-600/900 NG series, not to mention the -900ER.

Comment

Working...
                              X