secret places on planes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secret places on planes??

Does anyone know about any secret places on planes that passengers hardly ever see and do you have any pictures. for example the things I know of are.

777 crew rest
    SIA A340 500 morgue
    and I beleive there is a trap door from most widebody cockpits to a place underneath the cockpit.

more.....

Originally posted by EKA380 View Post
    Does anyone know about any secret places on planes that passengers hardly ever see and do you have any pictures. for example the things I know of are.

777 crew rest
    SIA A340 500 morgue
    and I beleive there is a trap door from most widebody cockpits to a place underneath the cockpit.

more.....
    I was allowed into the freight area of a KLM 747 Combi some years ago. Amazing how big it looked - no paneling or ceiling - Just the insulation on the fuselage and overhead control cables and electrical harnesses. There were a couple of horses on board and their support person visited the horses a couple of times during the flight accompanied a pilot (or flight engineer???). This was on a LAX to Amsterdam flight.

Comment

SIA A340 500 morgue
      A morgue???WHY???
      August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
        A morgue???WHY???
        Because the routes flown by the SQ A340-500s, if someone dies mid-flight, the nearest airport might still be several hours away, this was mentioned in other forums just a couple of days ago. The SIN-EWR is close to being a transpolar flight, and north of PEK is Siberia, and then nothing else until you reach the north of Canada, and still, you're far away from an airport where an A345 can takeoff/land. I believe the morgue is located near the cockpit, it's not a full size one, just a couple of steel beds and a chilled compartment. It has also been said that it hasn't been used for bodies, but for storing ramen and chilling wine.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Hmmmmm - the places are not secret, because everybody knows about them

777 crew rest
          SIA A340 500 morgue
          and I beleive there is a trap door from most widebody cockpits to a place underneath the cockpit.(...)
          There is access to the electronics bay below the floor of the flightdeck - at least in some widebodied aircraft - but again it's not secret. Not more secret anyway than the cargo hold and I doubt passengers ever get a look inside there either.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
            A morgue???WHY???
            To put dead bodies into.

Next question ??

(Sorry...couldn't resist that !!)
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              To put dead bodies into.

Next question ??

(Sorry...couldn't resist that !!)
              There's a pub in Dublin called "The Morgue", apparently a tram line ran so close to the front door that punters were regularly killed stepping out of the bar!

Comment

There's no-where really "secret"... just places that aren't publicised because we don't want people sticking their heads in . Crew rest areas for example - people know they exist, and we are happy to tell people they exist... but if you put large signs on them people would want to have a look!

I believe the "morgue" is simply a single refrigerated drawer that can be used for the purpose if required... not exactly a large facility.

Comment

do yo have any pictures of them.

Comment

Well - to give this rather non-sensical thread at least a bit of sense here is a serious question:

Is the morgue/cooling unit standard equipment on all A340-500s or can the airlines chose to have it installed? What about the 777-200LR? Any similar devices offered by Boeing? After all I would assume that people die indiscriminately on both Airbus and Boeing aircraft

Comment

Nope just SIA A340 500's, all others must just use the standard body bag in seat which if you die in the first hour of the Johannesburg to Atlanta flight, will not be nice.

Comment

Worse for the guy in the seat next to you. I mean, it's not a good day if you kick the bucket but then you don't know that you did so ..

Imagine the cabin attendant asking you to fasten the dead guys belt when the sign lights up.

There is a little room on every plane called the hell hole.
                        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                          There is a little room on every plane called the hell hole.
                          Please, make yourself clear.
                          Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                            Well - to give this rather non-sensical thread at least a bit of sense here is a serious question:

Is the morgue/cooling unit standard equipment on all A340-500s or can the airlines chose to have it installed? What about the 777-200LR? Any similar devices offered by Boeing? After all I would assume that people die indiscriminately on both Airbus and Boeing aircraft
                            Boeing likely believes that including a morgue on their products might in some karmic way "encourage" people to engage in farmbuying aboard their aircraft and thus have elected not to offer said option.

Comment

(...)if you die in the first hour of the Johannesburg to Atlanta flight, (...)
                              ... you couldn't care less about what's happening to you during the next 15 hours... *lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X