No announcement yet.

Longest Flight Without Onboard Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just hate it because it makes me bad at school so that i even can't become an pilot , and i hate it because of Air France but i will be over in a couple months....

i dont really think its stupid but well the things above make it stupid for me....

but i really think its a nice language (sounds nice)

and yes Dutch sucks
    My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Originally posted by MD-11 Forever
      Originally posted by MauwieAir
      14 im learning french for my 3th year but i just can't speek or write it. im the worst in my class with french
      Which would rather make you look stupid than the language, wouldn't it?

That comment was rather uncalled for. I don't like Dutch either. But I wouldn't call it stupid. Even less in a public forum. Grow up.
      AND MANY THANKS AGAIN and although not a chauvinistic guy I love your post.
      Regards
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Attn English speaking members....you must remember when members from other countries type here they may misconstrue their words as English is not their 1st language. My French is not bad, however every once in a while I say something that has the recipient in Paris or Montreal laughing (or scratching their heads). In the office I work in there are 18 of us, 9 fluent in French, 3 in German (personally I speak Australian not too bad either!!).
        I'm just telling you to cut them some slack. Read their post a couple of times and you will realize their point.

And back to the topic. The race by the airlines to provide all of these toys for the passengers will have to stop soon. AC has more deviations on passenger entertainment systems than we do on engines. They all look good and sound great but when they have a glitch they are a pain to get fixed.

Comment

thnx ptbodale
          My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

The longest flight i've had without entertainment is from DEL to BOM to TRV on Indian Airlines. It was an A320 but they have no tvs or nothing. Not even audio. So it was just me and my cd player. They do have a pretty good inflight magazine though. DEL to BOM (2 hours) and BOM to TRV (2 hours). I could only imagine what people do on IC's Asian and Gulf flights. They seriously need some new IE systems installed!

-Pete
            Pete Ganabathi
            Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Madrid to Buenos Aries - 12 hours on a 747 no PTV's (Aerolineas Argentinas LV-MLO)

Also LHR - Singapore 13 hours (9V-SMB) no ptv's

Comment

No ptv's shouldn't count.

It still has a movie of sumtin, right?

Comment

Longest i flew without IFE was with Skyservice Canada, 9.5 Hours, Sanford-Cardiff

Comment

My longest flight without inflight entertainment was a flight AMS-CMN, 3,5 hours.

Comment

I'm like some others here, I take tons of newspapers, and sufficient amounts of books to make it through the flights. Gets tough when I'm going to foreign countries that don't speak English. Because I know I will not be able to buy anything to read in those places, so I just make sure I bring tons more books than on other flights. Plus I like to read in the hotels, so that eats up more pages of flight reading. I got lucky in July on my last trip to Germany, I didn't sleep the night before the flight, but was able to sleep on almost all of the two legs, and was even directed by an awesome stewardess to an empty row of seats where I was able to lay down the whole second leg from Philadelphia to Frankfurt!!!!! I'm not a big movie or tv fan, unless it's something I like and have taped, so I live happily without onboard entertainment.

JH

Comment

Working...
                      X