Airbus haters come in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus haters come in here!

You all make me sick you know that. Many highly skilled individuals put their heart and soul into making a quality aricraft but you all still say eww airbus sucks! boeings great! Well i have a message for you all boeing isnt all that great. Being U.S. made doesnt make you any better than being made overseas. Embrear aircraft are made in Brazil I havnt heard anybody talking smack about embrear. Now i am a fan of boeing and airbus alike but seriously, there really wasnt much of a difference last time i flew on a 737 or airbus except for the boeing had a bit of a warmer feeling, but the airbus felt a bit more futuistic and made me feel like i was in the right century again. We dont think twice about products made overseas, and we often refer to american made products to be cheap and poorly made. Honestly, i think airbus aircraft are the same as boeing just cheaper(price) and made overseas. I read a letter in the Rocky Mountain News and some idiot was talking sh*t about Frontier and United for using Airbus aircraft, one even said they would never fly on Frontier because of their all airbus fleet. If any of those people are in this forum, or any one here belives in what they were saying then i have a message for you all........GET A FN LIFE! U are on an airplane for 1 to like 15 hours, a VERY short part of your life, so get over it, pull your head out of your but, look out your window and see the scenery. Keep in mind that i am not trying to start an airbus vs. boeing thread i just want to know y u all hate airbus so much. Personally i love boeing and airbus both, they are both high quality products. [/i]
    This is FrontierFlyer (had to change my name)

HOMESTAR is my homedawg.

god...just shut up about it...people think for themselves and deserve to have an opinion
    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
    -PT-

Comment

Can't all of that be quoted likewise for the Boeing haters out there also??

Comment

Comment

Have anyone taught you about spacing???

Not caring for spacing means a rant, ans that's precisely what this post is...

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High
            Have anyone taught you about spacing???

Not caring for spacing means a rant, ans that's precisely what this post is...
            Exactly! What was the point of posting all that in the first place?? People should be entitled to their own opinion. I really don't see the point of posting that.

Chris Scott- Seattle Washington

Can't wait to see NWA A330 at SEA...
            My posts

Comment

Stop Airplane racism! Be a liker of all airplane races!
              Earl From Regina

Comment

Originally posted by Myblock
                Stop Airplane racism! Be a liker of all airplane races!
                LoL..

Chris Scott- Seattle Washington

Can't wait to see NWA A330 at SEA...
                My posts

Comment

C'mon dude... why come here and try to start a war? not c o o l!

Comment

Christian,
                    You are an ass for a 13 year old. Why am I blessed with people like this in Denver....? First Airlinerguy, now this.....

Comment

Christian.. what did i tell you!

DeltaASA16

Comment

Re: Airbus haters come in here!

Originally posted by COOlcc88
                        You all make me sick you know that. Many highly skilled individuals put their heart and soul into making a quality aricraft but you all still say eww airbus sucks! boeings great! Well i have a message for you all boeing isnt all that great.
                        Number of sentances needed to contradict oneself: 4 (if you count fragments as sentances)

I dislike airbus because I am a pilot and I enjoy flying aircraft. The policy that airbus holds towards cockpit automation is designing the pilot out of the cockpit. Flight crews are turning into system monitors rather than pilots.

Boeing and Airbus have very different views on cockpit automation. Boeing prefers to keep the pilot in the loop of what is going on inside the aircraft. The mentality behind this is so when the pilot does need to take action, he/she already knows exactly what is happening and is more ready to make a correct decision.

Airbus prefers to have the pilot involved as little as possible. In effect, the aircraft is always flying on autopilot. That side stick doesn't change the control surfaces of the aircraft, but rather the actual attitude of the aircraft, which is not how pilots are used to flying. In my human factors class, we discussed a few accidents in airbus aircraft. All of them involved the aircraft doing something and not letting the pilots know, or the aircraft doing something on its own that is incorrect.

I believe cockpit automation can make the job of flying an aircraft much easier and much safer, but there is such thing as too much. According to the book "human factors for general aviation" by Stanley R. Trollip, the advantages of cockpit automation are: It allows the pilot do do other things (such as making decisions) instead of doing tasks that the aircraft can do by itself. Also, by the aircraft doing things on its own, it decreases the chances of human error. (in theory). Other advantages are reducing crew size, size of the cockpit, and better management of resources.

According to the same book, the disadvantages of automation are:

Mental Workload Increase- "Automation leads to a definate decrease in physical workload. However it can also lead to an increase in mental workload. When monitoring an airplane flying itself, pilots must constantly try to figure out what the computers are doing. In adition, automation requires pilots to manually enter a great deal of information into the flight computers. This, too, and increase the mental workload by increasing the need to constantly check that these data are accurate."

Manual Takeover Problem- When the pilot is not in the loop they are not mentally prepared to take over the aircraft should it be necissary. This might happen when one of the aircraft's systems goes inoperative. Also, the pilot cannot benefit from subtle changes in handling that may occur from changes in the aircraft if the aircraft is on autopilot.

Skill Degradation- Flying is not like "riding a bike" you need to practice to remain proficient. Any pilot will tell you that if they take a considerable break from flying, it takes quite a bit to get back to the same proficiency level. We see this at UND all the time. Students get so used to just using the GPS for cross country navigation that when they have a stage check and the examiner "fails" the GPS, they don't know how to verify where they are.

Complacency- Flying without actually flying can become routine and cause the pilots not to pay attention and they can miss something extremely important (like the gear).

Boredom- If you're not actually flying the aircraft, you're basically a passenger with more responsibilty than the others, and we all know that long flights can get a bit on the boring side.

I'm sure there are more things that I haven't listed, but I think you get the drift. This is a common debate among pilots (at least here at UND it is) and I guess there two sides to this. But do research and have real reasons for your opinions before starting something like this. And as my roomate says, never argue with a UND student, we're so bored that we'll actually go do research to prove you wrong .

Comment

Nice research Emu. How long did that take to type?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound96
                            Nice research Emu. How long did that take to type?
                            You should know seeing as you're sitting in the same freakin room

Comment

Call me oldfashioned, but I prefer metal beneath my feet

Airbus: plastique fantastique (plastic fantasy for you Anglics)

Comment

Working...
                              X