Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two A340-600 Accidents - Quito and Toulouse (Combined)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AA 1818
    So, any info as to how/when the A340 will be removed and when UIO can reume their normal operations? Have all IB operations to UIO been suspended indefinatley as per IB? I was looking at a pic (earlier) of spectators looking at the aircraft, so I have to wonder, what is the usual response to an accident like this? I am sure that IB would like to remove all decals/identifying marks to remove IB from the incident if possible (but as for that - most of us know exactly what airline is concerned). How will the aircraft be removed? And we can be certian that that aircraft will never fly again - right?
    Hey my friend. SO FARRRR, no news regarding whether A346 will be removed or scrapped. Operations are semi normal and until now, almost every operator is flying to UIO. There are no certain facts about the solution with the aircraft.

All IB operations to UIO hasve been suspended but not to GYE, so IB is flying to GYE. Suspension is indefinite, but not for ever.

Normal response of the people after an accident like this, well, the neear by people say that UIO should be moved and that it is very dangerous. Of course, tis easy to say, but the deal with the new airprot is something which is not as easy as it sounds. People just go as an amusement park to see the airplane and take pics.

I was told today that they have started to remove the logos and all, Ill see tomorrow. I was told they were painting it all white.....

I was told that a CIELOS DC10 came today with Hydraulic equiptment specialized to remove this type of heavy bulks. I understand they want to try to remove the whole aircraft, but I was also told it would be chopped, and then removed.... tomorrow I think I will have a certain answer of this, and hopefully an answer regarding the destiny of this aicraft!!

Stefano

Comment

So are the road tunnel underneath the plane open for traffic?
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Some close ups of the damage...

Doesn't look too good.

By Roma fiumicino at:
        http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=515
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Update please

Will this be a hull loss?

Comment

Originally posted by jwobkk
            Will this be a hull loss?
            Most Likely Yes, from the looks of it.
            John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Saw a pic where the painted over Iberia on the plane with white, any other news from Quito?
              "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Can you provide the links where you have seen that IB346 painted titles..?

As we are talking about it on another forum about how long it will take before IB will find it reasonable to paint that airline name off its fuselage, compared to China Airlines Flight 605 Kaitak crash back in the '90's
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

It looks like a to-be-Etihad A340-642X jumped the chocks during engine runs in Toulouse and slammed into a wall last night. No pictures yet but no fun for the poor old A340.

Comment

Brand new A346 severely damaged in engine test.

Wow!
                    Last edited by Chris Kilroy; 2007-11-15, 21:28.
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Seem to be a lot of A346 incidents lately. Glad no one was killed.

-Chris

Comment

Not exactly what I had imagined when I saw this thread...but wow.
                        Tanner Johnson - Owner
                        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Hello everybody,

I work at 200 meters of this accident and I have seen it... So incredible
                          So numbered people has stop his work to see that...

This Etihad is Msn 856 as F-WWCJ. He has made his first flight on September 21, 2007.
                          This engine test ground should be the last before his acceptance flight then delivery. It was the A346 with 'Diamond' class... a best class than the first...
                          Eleven people worked during this accident... 3 seriously injured, 2 injured, 5 none injured...
                          More information later

Regards

Comment

Dang thats not so clever. Seriously though, first Ibiera, then SAA cocking up a turn and ending up in the grass and now this. Anymore 346's to have a mishap?

Comment

Ouch, talk about a quick way to a write off.

Comment

peek-a-boo

sad

Comment

Working...
                                X