Attempted hijacking in NZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZedFear
    I think there is little hope for her, and I don't know what a good solution could be.
    6 Months Prison followed by Deportation sounds good for a start!!

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
      6 Months Prison followed by Deportation sounds good for a start!!
      After 10 years I imagine she has citizenship, which is irrevokable unless she entered under false pretences. Even if not, ahe can't be deported to any country where her safety can't be guaranteed (which I think eliminates Somalia and the Sudan). I don't imagine any other western country would want her either.

6 Months prison won't help anyone (except possibly future airline passengers), least of all the NZ taxpayers. Its going to be an expensive and long term problem in any eventuality.

Back to topic, I think it was very cool headed of the pilots to resolve the problems so quickly and safely.
      Preferring not to be the subject of a thread

Comment

Well let's settle it by Somalian law and stone her instead shall we?

Seriously , they need to make an example of someone , and we finally have the chance to prove we won't tolerate bullshit actions in the industry , what she did was reckless and I'm suprised the pilots didn't axe the fuk out of her to be honest.

on the up side she can probably call herself "The fattest Somalian"

Hijack accused to get psychiatric evaluation

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          I'd hit it!
          In what way?

On a serious note, how the heck did she get a knife on board??

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
            In what way?

On a serious note, how the heck did she get a knife on board??
            Piss easy !

Anything under 70 seats in N.Z. doesn't require you to pass through an X-Ray or Metal Detector !

So in theory she could of taken a 9 milli or a grenade on board...

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
              Piss easy !

Anything under 70 seats in N.Z. doesn't require you to pass through an X-Ray or Metal Detector !

So in theory she could of taken a 9 milli or a grenade on board...
              Now thats worrying. I was under impression the rules were changed for EVERY airport in EVERY country for EVERY aircraft.

Maybe this incident will ring bells in NZ.

Comment

That would have been scary. Good of the pilots to resolve it...she doesn't look to be the hijacking type. With the size of the plane, would she have even made it to Aus?

From the column next to the article:

New World rated best by shoppers

Pak'n Save got the lowest rating, despite having the lowest prices out of the stores.

The results of the survey are in the latest Consumer Magazine. Nearly 8000 respondents gave ratings on the range of goods, queuing times, customer service, store presentation, layout, and their overall shopping experience.
                That is awesome....Pak'n Save sounds sketchy anyways.
                My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

haha Pak N Save is cheap as horse piss but the chicks behind the checkouts only go as far as scanning ur items and placing them in a trolley , then you gotta piss round and bag up your own groceries

Comment

reporter smuggles knife onto plane at akl

From today's tabloid paper:

UST 24 hours after two pilots were stabbed in their cockpit over Christchurch, I boarded a plane at our largest airport with a knife and a fake revolver Nervously arriving at Auckland Airport yesterday for the 10.30am Air New Zealand flight to Napier, I expected to encounter at least some difficulty along the way.

But there were no checks and I was free to walk on with anything I pleased.

Despite carrying the kitchen knife, with a 20cm blade and a toy firearm clearly banned under civil aviation regulations, absolutely no interest was shown in the contents of my hand luggage, despite the presence of state-of-the-art X-ray equipment inside Auckland's domestic terminal.

There's more in the linked article. I think they will have to tighten things up a bit.
                    Preferring not to be the subject of a thread

Comment

Bloody Somalians

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
                        Bloody Somalians
                        Tad racist....

Jordan, look! Its Chataquabadonkachoclateface!
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                        X