Another crash for Kalitta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalcyonDays
    I did read in other places yesterday that it was a wet lease, but I don't know for sure.
    It's in the NTSB report (see few posts above).
    another ADC refugee

Comment

Correct me, if I should be wrong - but this is the second ex China Airlines 747-209B (ex B-18753, s/n 22446) freighter of Kalitta that has crashed. N704CK (s/n 22299) crashed in BRU on May 25, was also a former China AL 747-209B (ex B-1894). Maybe its only coincident...?

get FRA spotting informations here:
      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Apperantly I have a pic of this one in the DB. Now I know how Jordan must have felt the day before when he found a pic of the USAjet DC-9. Strange feeling looking at that shot.
        [photoid=5833504]
        So I guess the final word is 2 killed on the ground, and all 8 onboard alive? Its a terrible thought when people in their homes are suddenly crushed by a downed airliner.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Kalitta Curse

Kalitta died on June 21 in Englishtown, New Jersey, when his Funny Car engine exploded during a qualifying run. Kalitta's car ran off the end of the track and through a sand pit and crashed into a wall. The car's parachutes did not deploy. Kalitta, 46, was taken to a nearby hospital and declared dead.
          ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
          Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jay
            Kalitta died on June 21 in Englishtown, New Jersey, when his Funny Car engine exploded during a qualifying run. Kalitta's car ran off the end of the track and through a sand pit and crashed into a wall. The car's parachutes did not deploy. Kalitta, 46, was taken to a nearby hospital and declared dead.
            That was Connie's son, Scott.
            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Two major crashes in a couple of weeks.... Is there a pattern surfacing here or pure coincidence? From a statistical perspective, very unlikely though.
              I wonder what the NTSB's next steps will be towards Kalitta.

Comment

More pics

Signatures are overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Airfoilsguy
                  Christ, I'm assuming that's blood in the cockpit.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                    Christ, I'm assuming that's blood in the cockpit.
                    It sure is.

Very nasty. Looking at the photos it's suprising how well the cockpit remained intact despite the huge impact. Luckily the crew were still belted up, had they not have been I'm sure the outcome would have been worse.

Comment

Amazing that they survived that.

Comment

Working...
                      X