Air France 447 - On topic only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brief update on this:

France may order another deep water search for the black boxes of an Air France jet that crashed in the Atlantic last year, the junior transport minister said Monday.

Dominique Bussereau said he would await the latest findings of the BEA air accident investigation agency, due in September, to decide on a new search operation.
    Read more: http://www.asdnews.com/news/29077/Fr...lack_boxes.htm

Comment

• Well, maybe previous searches at least ruled out some areas. Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
        Well, maybe previous searches at least ruled out some areas. Maybe.
        You would knew, if only you bothered to read the info provided.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• They go so far as to give coordinates of areas searched? I wouldnt really expect to see that in any accident investigation report. I take you have so you know which areas they can search in the future?

Comment

• What?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• BEA's document shows this map. Not sure if the 2010 search is the box or the circle. If the box, I guess it shows the difficulty of the search. I wonder how strong ocean currents are there. Everybody knows many of the northern hemisphere currents, but who knows anything south of the Equator aside from the El Nino belt on the other side of South America?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                You would knew, if only you bothered to read the info provided.
                EC doesn't bother with reading *lol...

Comment

• Ocean currents

Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
                  Everybody knows many of the northern hemisphere currents, but who knows anything south of the Equator aside from the El Nino belt on the other side of South America?
                  I would guess that there must be more than one scientist around who's studied equatorial and southern hemisphere ocean currents. Your general knowledge of northern hemisphere currents is probably not sufficiently detailed to help define a search area there either. Come on...

Comment

• Had to take a shot. Got any real hobbies?

Comment

Had to take a shot. Got any real hobbies?
                      Have you got any other than asking stupid questions and making stupid comments on this site?
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Guess I'd never want you for a trainee. You'd always be censoring your "stupid questions" and I'd never know if you actually learned what you were in training for.

Comment

Guess I'd never want you for a trainee. You'd always be censoring your "stupid questions" and I'd never know if you actually learned what you were in training for.
                          Hmmmm, lets see and break down this particular gem of wisdom from the oh so wise i never crash my car EconomyClass.

Originally posted by EC
                          Everybody knows many of the northern hemisphere currents, but who knows anything south of the Equator aside from the El Nino belt on the other side of South America?
                          I took the liberty of spending less than five seconds and then took the liberty of letting google spend 0.24 seconds to search "Ocean Currents" and gusss what i found. That's right, over 3.5 million webpages. No, not all will be relevant, but hey, lets look at the first one that popped up

And in that (one link) it has figures for ocean currents in the southern hemisphere too, so i guess just perhaps there may be ONE person who knows about ocean currents outside the northern hemisphere, and hey, if i met you in real life outside this interweb thingymabob i could walk into a regular bar in town and not one person could name half of the northern hemispheres ocean currents and what direction they flow in.

But hey, lets not let some common sense get in your way.

Oh and about me not asking questions to prove i've learnt whatever you'd try to teach me, all ive picked up on from your questions is you havent learnt anything.
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• And Simpleboy, here's the kicker - EC works in the IT industry, and yet cannot do his own searches to gain info...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectator View Post
                              I would guess that there must be more than one scientist around who's studied equatorial and southern hemisphere ocean currents. ...............................

As an aside;
                              I recall during my Oceanography course that the Spanish and Portugese started mapping Southern Atlantic ocean currents and winds vs. dates in the 16th century and gradualy refined over the following centuries. In Portugal their maps and data were "top secret" and any captain who did not return the maps were executed.

Comment

• Searching for AF447

Originally posted by Myndee View Post
                                I really hope some positive changes come out of this unfortunate accident. Maybe someday a sea exploration with be on the Discovery channel, and just like Titanic, they will find this plane.
                                If private enterprise is prepare to spend millions of dollars revisiting the Titanic, then I would say yes, in due course the wreckage of AF447 will be found - if not by the interested parties, then by private persons. http://www.news24.com/SciTech/News/T...-sail-20100727

Comment

Working...
                                X