Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not cite wikipedia and Russian newspapers. They are not completely reliable. Several times he had lied on the number of aircraft landings and records of the WTC. Someone on the overlap does not understand what is in a position to make the Russian military. If this is a wine ATC might never know. There are black boxes read, but the Russian press has already impose on the pilot's fault. This is ridiculous and typical of the Russian action. None of us was not there, do not know what happened. The entry on Wikipedia was added by Russian user. Suffice it to recall the tragedy of Polish Airlines aircraft or Kursk tragedy.

It is a pity that it appears above, based on CNN news. Which are copied from one Russian newspaper. I know Russian well, I read all day to keep about 10 Russian websites. The information that was there made a complete chaos, a simple example lies on the number of landings. ATC does not tell the truth, as it was a simple example. How could they not know how many times a plane approaches to land. Let me give a simple example, the plane approaches the landing. The cockpit is a pilot and an experienced president. The President orders the landing, the pilot refuses. He knows that there is no visibility, for example, that a landing means 30% risk of breakdown. At home waiting for his wife and children, on board are 90 passengers. I understand that you think ends up So is suicide? I think that if the conditions were terrible that has ever tried to land regardless of whoever told him. Just the human body physically did not allow him to do something.

Comment

@Ollii: "...In Georgia air incident , its only small problem president vs captain.

In Georgia incident fly captain , PŁK Tomasz Pietrzak.

Today in crash fly , captain Arkadiusz Protasik - this pilot flew with the president several times. Its very good Polish president friend. There would be no pressure on the pilot..."

I would say: different pilots - same problem. The aircraft had no failure, because in that case it would'nt have made this flight. For me it looks like the problem was the high-ranking entourage sitting behind the crew. And I'm sure, what we later will hear or read about the accident will be: "pilot error", without any mention about the circumstances on board.

I don't care about the politics behind the scene, this fate hits humans sitting in a plane what crashed.

get FRA spotting informations here:
      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Why so many essential countrymen were put on one plane, I'll never understand. Terrible tragedy, for sure a worst case scenario.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Olii View Post
          [...]In Georgia air incident , its only small problem president vs captain.[...]
          I was registered because I can't leave that unanswered.
          That "small problem" was a big story in the Poland but I suppose that it was almost unknown in other countries.
          Olli tries to play an rusophoby card so let me cite part of article from the biggest polish newspaper "Gazeta Wyborcza" (sorry for google translation):

Colonel Pietruczuk informed of its decision and Łopińskiego Stasiak. Once you have the president come to the cockpit and personally as a superior military forces ordered me to fly to Tbilisi - the pilot said in a report. Earlier, the president's closest collaborators, such as Adam Bielan, said that Kaczynski is not in contact with the pilot. And the president in an interview for Polish Radio claimed: - "I did not seem to command, I just spent a lot of different commands more than a pilot officer in the Polish Army. And they have carried out my instructions and the pilot made the order in writing. And the pilot did not listen.

Kaczynski later told reporters during the flight that "if someone decides to be an officer, it should not be fearful." After landing in Azerbaijan announced that "after returning to the country will introduce order in this matter."

Wtranslation of whole article can be found here:
          http://translate.googleusercontent.c...98crdQzPM9n1HA

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            A badly flown B767 that hits trees will crash just the same as a TU154 that is badly flown and hits trees !
            Sure, I never claimed it was a better plane, but more political correct.
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by tsv View Post
              The 767's would need to be converted into VIP config which would presumably be quite expensive. They may also be bigger than what the President requires given the TU-154's have sufficed to now. And they're not exactly new or particularly cheap to operate. As Poland is an EU member I'd suggest an order for a couple of A320/321's might be appropriate.

But obviously if they're going to attempt landings in heavy fog at airports without ILS then the aircraft choice is irrelevant, they'd be better ordering Gliders that can crash more softly.
              It´s politics we taking about, sure the polish public wouldn´t mind the cost, it has happened before, PAF taking over planes from LOT.
              "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                Dude,do you know what the NATO name for this aircraft is?Careless.And its had 66 incidents and accidents. And do you see a patern in what planes are crashing??Over here:Occasional crashes.former soviet union:Almost always a Soviet aircraft,almost never a western aircraft.
                Oh man are you for real? I suggest reading the crash reports for the 66 "incidents and accidents". You can do so here - http://aviation-safety.net/database/.

Even a Caveman should quickly come to the conclusion that the crashes were not caused by any defects in the airliner. One hit a Snow Plough on the runway, some were shot down, there have been mid air collisions, issues with contaminated fuel, overloading, navigational mistakes, poor Maintenance issues and of course Pilot Error. But the aircraft itself has had no issues that would lead any reasonable person to believe it is "unsafe".

As for Soviet aircraft crashing more regularly than the Western ones well take a look at the data for Fatal Passenger Jetliner Crashes since 2005 in the former Soviet Union (2005 is about the time Western Models became reasonably common in these countries).

There are 11 such crashes that have occurred in the 15 Countries of the former Soviet Union since 2005;

1. 7th June 1995, Latvian Air Force LET 410, 2 Fatalities (Latvia)
                2. 2nd January 2006 Evolga BA125, 3 Fatalities (Ukraine)
                3. 3rd May 2006 Armavia A320, 113 Fatalities (Russia)
                4. 9th July 2006 Sibir A310, 125 Fatalaties (Russia)
                5. 22nd August 2006 Polkovo TU-154, 170 Fatalities (Ukraine)
                6. 17th March 2007 Utair TU-134, 7 Fatalities (Russia)
                7. 26th December 2007 Jet Connect Business Flight, Canadair CL600, 1 Fatality (Kazakhstan)
                8. 24th August 2008 Itek Air, 737, 65 Fataliites (Kyrgystan)
                9. 14th September 2008, Aeroflot Nord 737, 88 Fatalities (Russia)
                10. 26th October 2009, S-Air BAE125, 5 Fatalities (Belarus)
                11. 10th April 2010, Polish Airforce TU-154, 98 Fatalities (Russia)

So of the 11 crashes there was 1 aircraft produced in Czech Republic, 3 in Russia, 2 in Britain, 2 in the US, 2 in France and 1 in Canada.

Of the Fatality Count, 279 were killed on Eastern Built Aircraft and 400 on Western Built Aircraft.

Now what was that you were saying about a Pattern...

Comment

Probably the penultimate landing of the TU-154M machine at Prague Airport on Thursday 8. May. This airplane reg. no. 101 crashed in the morning of Saturday 10. May in Russia.

08.04. Jeden z posledních letů... 39 hodin před fatální havárií, která se stala 10.04. ráno při přistání na ruském letišti Smolensk.

Might not be the best airliner at present, but still very elegant one.

Comment

I've consider the possibility that state departments are still flying older airframes, not just due to costs, but because they predate the elimination of the flight engineer position. Even our own Air Force one 742's meet this criteria. I suspect that is it considered safer (though commercially inefficient) to offload this responsibility to a third crewmember. This may be particularly true when in-flight refueling is required. As far as costs are concerned, I imagine these older jets are significantly less efficient and more expensive to operate, both in fuel and maintenance costs.

The replacements to the Air Force One 742's will probably be 748 or 787. I wonder if these be modified to allow for a flight engineer?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                      I've consider the possibility that state departments are still flying older airframes, not just due to costs, but because they predate the elimination of the flight engineer position. Even our own Air Force one 742's meet this criteria. I suspect that is it considered safer (though commercially inefficient) to offload this responsibility to a third crewmember. This may be particularly true when in-flight refueling is required. As far as costs are concerned, I imagine these older jets are significantly less efficient and more expensive to operate, both in fuel and maintenance costs.
                      FWIW, when the VC-25A was being procured, the 747-400 was still a project, so perhaps the AF wasn't willing to wait. As far as efficiency, it's powered by the same CF6s the -400s have, so I doubt there is a huge difference there, especially considering that the -25A likely flies at much lower weights than commercial -400s typically operate at.

Comment

To ATFS_Crash, absolutely no offense taken. I think you make very good points anyhow along the board.

Here is another link to a new article on BBC aiming at the aircraft type and it's reliability. An interesting read and some interesting things I was not aware of (ie. the fact that many Tu-154 accidents were not related to the plane but to the environment in which they typically operated...)
                        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8612915.stm

For those interested. The CVR and FDR are being investigated by a joint Russian/Polish investigation committee, so let's not focus on creating urban legends. The press is the press. So it is the case in Russia. Let's wait for the official versions of the investigation to become available.

On a different note, I hope that the recent thaw in Russian-Polish relationships will not be jeopardized by the event. However, I'm afraid it will not help....

Comment

It makes no sense to point at Tupolevs or Boeings, what is better equipped or had more capacities in power... The main reason behind all crashes are humans who are either driving the plane or maintain it wrong. Government aircraft are not more safe of human-made errors than any other commercial airliner. If there is no ILS while the sight is below CAT III, the tower gives the advice to cancel the approach and looking for another airport to land safe and the pilot ignores the regularies at all, you can't blame the aircraft for the crash.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

The replacements to the Air Force One 742's will probably be 748 or 787. I wonder if these be modified to allow for a flight engineer?
                            Actually there are different aircraft used as Air Force One or Marine One including C-17s, C-32, C130, V-22, and S-3 - these do not have flight engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Olii View Post
                              MarcinL7788 please , stop forum spam. Why you write lies in all air forums ? Why you today make acc in more air forums ? This guy , its no jet , air expert. Its only anti-president fraction representative. Agresive spam its popular in this political fraction.

In Georgia air incident , its only small problem president vs captain.

In Georgia incident fly captain , PŁK Tomasz Pietrzak.

Today in crash fly , captain Arkadiusz Protasik - this pilot flew with the president several times. Its very good Polish president friend. There would be no pressure on the pilot.

You have no respect for the victims. You are using this tragedy to their political games. You do this on many forums. Sorry everyone, but due to the memory of the dead I could not just leave. Sorry also for my poor English.
                              I dont call that spamming.I think it is an appropriate comment for this.And I'm pretty sure we almost all have respect for the victims.
                              August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

CRM wouldn't matter in a situation in which the boss of the boss of the boss said "LAND, or ______ will happen." The 1st and 2nd officers can just pray along with the captain that when they break from the cloud that they will see pavement in front of them instead of trees or a grass covered hill.

Like I said before, I have never served in the military, so I don't know what the procedure would be in a situation in which a commanding officer issued an order, even if it meant death.

I just cannot see an experienced pilot conducting CFIT on purpose. I don't mean that this pilot was suicidal, but without visibility, ILS, or glideslope, trying to land was pretty much a death mission.

Maybe he thought that on his 5th try that he got a good feel of the area and thought that he really could make the approach. Will we ever know?
                                I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Working...
                                X