This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NY TImes made this report:

In August 2008, during Russia's brief war with Georgia, Mr. Kaczynski got into a dispute with a pilot flying his plane to the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, according to reports at the time. Mr. Kaczynski demanded that the pilot land despite dangerous conditions, but the pilot disagreed and diverted to neighboring Azerbaijan.

Mr. Kaczynski threatened that there would be consequences for the pilot, the Polish newspaper Dziennik reported. "If someone decides to become a pilot, he cannot be fearful," Mr. Kaczynski said. "After returning to the country, we shall deal with this matter."

That pilot was not disciplined and received a medal for his service. But the defense minister later said that the pilot had suffered depression in the wake of the incident.
    The account I read elsewhere referred to a lawsuit filed against the pilot which was later dropped. The Russian report states that the PIC was never again included in the crew of the presidential plane. Not true?

Comment

• The London Telegraph, 12 May, 2011:
      n August 2008, Mr Kaczynski "shouted furiously" at a pilot who had disobeyed his order to land his plane in then war-torn Georgia for safety reasons. He later tried to have Captain Grzegorz Pietuczak removed from his post with the Polish air force for insubordination, however, Donald Tusk, the Prime Minister intervened. Captain Pietuczak was later awarded a medal for carrying out his duties conscientiously for his refusal to land having judged the risks.
      More lies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
        I'm only going by the official report. If it is inaccurate, then maybe you can point me to a more reliable account, but I'm not simply spreading lies.
        I will get you the info.
        THis is from the Polish News, as reported by the Wall Street Journal on July 14th, 2010:

Do you hear anything like that on the CVR?
        There is nothing even close to that in the recording.

I would like to see an official Polish transcript of the CVR.
        I will find the link. Don't have it right at this moment. Sorry.

Comment

The London Telegraph, 12 May, 2011:

More lies?
          Please check post #921, page 47.

Here's the link:

(post #882, page 45)

Comment

• Was the Captain aboard as First Officer during the Georgia/Tblisi incident?

Real simple yes or no?
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Great links! Glad to know that your Polish is that good.

Still these are true:
              - Cpt Pietruczuk was never prosecuted
              - He received a medal and commendation for his actions
              - He continued flying the presidential plane
              - He flew the president to the USA
              - He flew the prime minister on April 7th, 2010 to Smolensk

The president behaved like a jerk and got humiliated by the actions of the defence minister.

Comment

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                Was the Captain aboard as First Officer during the Georgia/Tblisi incident?

Real simple yes or no?
                Both PIC and FO on the accident flight were present on the Georgia/Tbilisi flight as FO and NAV.

Comment

• So he was witness to the rant then.
                  Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                    Was the Captain aboard as First Officer during the Georgia/Tblisi incident?

Real simple yes or no?
                    Real simple yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwester View Post
                      Please check post #921, page 47.

Here's the link:

(post #882, page 45)
                      I see them calling for go-around just below 100m, but I still think the crux of the matter lies in their not understanding the A/P limitation without a glideslope signal:

1 Pilot: Kurs lądowania. W przypadku nieudanego podejścia odchodzimy w automacie.

2 Pilot: W automacie.
                      There's your smoking gun.

Comment

• Here is the entire story (in Polish):

It includes this statement:

25 sierpnia 2008 r. poseł PiS Karol Karski złożył do prokuratury doniesienie, że pan "odmówił wykonania rozkazu". Nazwał pana tchórzem i napisał, że "przyniósł pan wstyd państwu polskiemu i jego siłom zbrojnym".

Comment

I see them calling for go-around just below 100m, but I still think the crux of the matter lies in their not understanding the A/P limitation without a glideslope signal:

There's your smoking gun.
                          Look at my post #1323. They called GA AT 100m.

We'll talk about the AP and GA after we see the test flight results. Right now it is a pure speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwester View Post
                            We'll talk about the AP and GA after we see the test flight results. Right now it is a pure speculation.
                            Well, to be honest, right now it is pure fact unless and until your speculation is confirmed.

Comment

Here is the entire story (in Polish):

It includes this statement:
                              The prosecutor refused to open an investigation and that was the end of the story.

It was more of a lesson for the president than anyone else. The pilot suffered a bruised ego, but the president's ego got smashed.

Comment

Working...
                              X