This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Well, to be honest, right now it is pure fact unless and until your speculation is confirmed.
    It's not my speculation. It was an early leak from the test flight results.

Comment

Here is the entire story (in Polish):

It includes this statement:
      I must commend you on finding sources. Fast and accurate.

Where did you learn your Russian and Polish?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwester View Post
        Real simple yes.

So he was under pressure.
        I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

• Have you found the link to the audio yet? I didn't realize it was made public.
          I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

I must commend you on finding sources. Fast and accurate.

Where did you learn your Russian and Polish?
            I learned some Czech, which is closest to Polish, but I can only guess at most of it, hence Google translate with a grain of salt. I have some Polish friends over here that can possibly read it to me more accurately.

Comment

The prosecutor refused to open an investigation and that was the end of the story.
              But he was inquired, there was an initiation of prosecution involved, that's my point.

Anyway, after reading that article, and noting that both the PIC and F/O of the accident flight were present that day and well aware of the ensuing damage to their former PIC's future career, do you still doubt that VIP pressure was a major factor?

Comment

But he was inquired, there was an initiation of prosecution involved, that's my point.

Anyway, after reading that article, and noting that both the PIC and F/O of the accident flight were present that day and well aware of the ensuing damage to their former PIC's future career, do you still doubt that VIP pressure was a major factor?
                I don't agree with you. The former PIC's future career was not damaged. The president's MP friend filed for an investigation that was flatly rejected. It was a major humiliation for the president. Anyone that witnessed the whole affair realized that the president would never try anything like that again. For Protasiuk (Smolensk flight PIC) it was almost an assurance that the president would stay away from the cockpit and not risk more ridicule.

And again, after listening to the CVR recording, there is no indication whatsoever of stress, pressure or nervousness. Routine conversation, few jokes (some about their superiors).

Comment

• Originally posted by Myndee View Post
                  So he was under pressure.
                  And you base your statement on what exactly? Cannot quite follow your logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myndee View Post
                    Have you found the link to the audio yet? I didn't realize it was made public.
                    You can listen to the CVR in the video simulation released by MAK. Just ignore the comments.

Comment

• And if he did not have a friend or associate who had the brass balls to stand up to him his career would have been in the tank.

Do not walk down that street with me. Ever! I can tell you have never slid on that ice.
                      Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                        And if he did not have a friend or associate who had the brass balls to stand up to him his career would have been in the tank.

Do not walk down that street with me. Ever! I can tell you have never slid on that ice.
                        He had on his side the law (prosecutor), his superior officer, the commanding officer of his unit, the chief of air force, the defense minister, and the prime minister.
                        I'd say he was well covered.

Comment

He had on his side the law (prosecutor), his superior officer, the commanding officer of his unit, the chief of air force, the defense minister, and the prime minister.
                          I'd say he was well covered.
                          And his psychologist, as he had reportedly suffered great emotional trauma from being called a sissy in front of his crew. Well, his first officer was no sissy boy (note the past tense)...

Comment

• He was under intense pressure. He did the correct thing and in my eyes his actions were heroic.

He is fortunate that someone recognized the value in what he did and stood up to someone that high. Few live through the experience.

Promotion by association or quid pro quo is more the disgusting norm.
                            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• And still he attempted to land at an airport where the weather was below minimums, something he was warned about but ignored, and in the process crashed the plane when he descended below his MDA. Serious mistake. Read this as "Pilot error". Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                                And still he attempted to land at an airport where the weather was below minimums, something he was warned about but ignored, and in the process crashed the plane when he descended below his MDA. Serious mistake. Read this as "Pilot error". Period.
                                You are wrong on all counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X