Barefoot Bandit Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barefoot Bandit Odyssey

Anyone know if this kid broke a new record for Cessna?
    Flew a Cessna 400 from Indiana all the way to Bahamas, no refuel..?
    Or something is missing in the news?, and also I am pretty sure he flew over restricted air spaces....

A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

All I can say is that this kid is a waste of brilliance.

Comment

US answer to Mattias Rust.
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Cessna 400

Performance

Comment

Deadstick Your summary of theis kid is right-on: "...a waste of brilliance."

Per the Forbes.com article, it is OBVIOUS that his momma is a big part of his problem...

Harris-Moore's mother, Pam Kohler, has said that he had a troubled childhood. His first conviction, for possession of stolen property, came at age 12. Within a few months of turning 13, he had three more.

Kohler has defended her son, saying the allegations against him are exaggerated. She previously told the AP that she hoped he would flee to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the United States.

Shauna Snyder, a private investigator on Whidbey Island near Camano, said she set up a legal defense fund for Harris-Moore at the request of his mother. She said that although she didn't know how much had been raised so far, the fund has been getting donations

Comment

Originally posted by wktaylor View Post
            Deadstick Your summary of theis kid is right-on: "...a waste of brilliance."

Per the Forbes.com article, it is OBVIOUS that his momma is a big part of his problem...

Harris-Moore's mother, Pam Kohler, has said that he had a troubled childhood. His first conviction, for possession of stolen property, came at age 12. Within a few months of turning 13, he had three more.

Kohler has defended her son, saying the allegations against him are exaggerated. She previously told the AP that she hoped he would flee to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the United States.

Shauna Snyder, a private investigator on Whidbey Island near Camano, said she set up a legal defense fund for Harris-Moore at the request of his mother. She said that although she didn't know how much had been raised so far, the fund has been getting donations
            I don't know, to fly a plane from Indiana to the Bahmas and then succesfully ditch at sea with 0 training in a fixed gear plane is beyond brilliance. I honestly am surprised as a non-pilot he made it on fuel. While the max range is 1,100 miles it is not exactly assured the plane will cover the distance with wind, then a non-pilot would most likely keep her fire walled. To pull that off is simply amazing.

Comment

He had training. He already broke three or four other airplanes before.

Comment

Kind of a cool story but I'm glad he's caught. He's a thief plain and simple and if he would've broke into the wrong house he could've gotten his ass shot off. At least this way he can keep some mystique and you know, be alive

Comment

I live on Camano Island, a mile from where Colton grew up. We've been dealing with him for four years. He burglarized (and slept a night or two) at two of my neighbor's houses. Most around here don't care for him.

But what a story!!

How many 19 YOs outrun the cops for 2 years by running through (and living in) the woods? Then steal various planes trains and automobiles to travel around the Northwest and then to the Bahamas -- in a high tech glass-cockpit, joystick-controlled aircraft! Finally gets caught at 2 AM in a high speed boat chase? You absolutely cannot make this stuff up.

By the way, Colton had never even been IN an aircraft before he stole his first one about a year ago.

On his way to the Bahamas, Colton left $100 at a shelter to care for the animals.

This is no ordinary kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Bob View Post
                    I live on Camano Island, a mile from where Colton grew up. We've been dealing with him for four years. He burglarized (and slept a night or two) at two of my neighbor's houses. Most around here don't care for him.

But what a story!!

How many 19 YOs outrun the cops for 2 years by running through (and living in) the woods? Then steal various planes trains and automobiles to travel around the Northwest and then to the Bahamas -- in a high tech glass-cockpit, joystick-controlled aircraft! Finally gets caught at 2 AM in a high speed boat chase? You absolutely cannot make this stuff up.

By the way, Colton had never even been IN an aircraft before he stole his first one about a year ago.

On his way to the Bahamas, Colton left $100 at a shelter to care for the animals.

This is no ordinary kid.
                    Gawd we do all love him. He stole a train and left money for the poor poochies? He certainly isn't an ordinary kid!

I don't suppose he stole your train did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Bob View Post
                      You absolutely cannot make this stuff up.
                      Or can you?

Fox (of course) has already negotiated for the film rights to the story, which will of course be made up. "Barefoot Bandit: I was an American Robbin' Hood".

Hopefully the story will also tell about parental vacancy, sick American video game culture, lazy, inept law enforcement and a bored society looking for something to entertain their vicarious need for adventure.

And cable news networks looking for a story to embellish into a 24-hour event.

And then the video game will come out. Grand Theft Everything. I guarantee this kid is set for life.

Prison is easier than college. Content is king. Then you're a millionaire.

Smart kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X