Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pacoperez View Post

They was 3 changes on the route there, and then nothing else for 6 hours.
    Real pilots over there, show yourselves up! what could happen on those 3 moments and then nothing??
    Is maybe the second turn avoiding Indonesia air space intentionally?

Comment

• Well, whatever else the pilot intended he has roiled millions of minds and put them in WTH mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
        Well, whatever else the pilot intended he has roiled millions of minds and put them in WTH mode.
        mission accomplished! I hope the (true) motive is one day revealed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacoperez View Post
          hahaha! no Gabriel, that chart is not in answer to your assumption (by obvious reasons) but in answer to the post in pprune that explains the simulation in the 777-2 full motion zero flight time approved simulator.

This one: http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...ml#post8407235

My mistake to quote your post instead of BlueMax's one, btw
          Ah!, Ok then.

Yet, the final status at impact is still highly questionable and unpredictable because it will totally change (both in airspeed and descent rate) depending on in what phase of this oscillatory descent the trajectory intersects the Earth.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Just as in September 2001, we have to reset our expectations. If it is suicide, then it could be aimed merely at a nation or airline without any attempt to bomb anything.Now, I'm inclined to think some aspects MAY already have been implicit. And the airline just dropped the ball out of complacency. But (speculating) if it is aimed at China and its treatment of ethnic minorities, then recent attacks may have forecast this sort of thing. The world can see how desperate the Uighurs are, and as part of the world Muslim population, they would incite extremists to take action against the Chinese. Which raises the question: Does a Muslim nation like Malaysia care enough about what Muslim extremists plan? This is WAAAAAAAAYYYY out on a limb given current information. but it is totally valid in terms of security analysis. I'd be shocked if China's national security apparatus never contemplated this scenario. After all, its citizens are now world travelers more than any past decade. They are more at risk.

Comment

• Hmmmmmm - I've been thinking a lot about a possible political/terrorist background to what happened to MH370. There is rampant speculation about that on the world wide web and in the minds of many people, including here on this forum. Now, pushing any far-fetched, convoluted conspiracy theories aside, I think everybody would agree, that if there is a political statement involved in what happened to MH370, we would by now already know what it is, or else the whole affair concerning the missing flight has been useless to the perpetrators. In other words, if this WAS intended as terrorism, SOMEBODY WOULD ALREADY HAVE TOLD US, because right now the world is maybe puzzled, but not terrified and the terrorists (if there were any) would have missed their goal.

Comment

(...)Does a Muslim nation like Malaysia care enough about what Muslim extremists plan? (...)
                Given the facts that a) one quarter of Malaysia's population are ethnic Chinese, b) less than two-thirds of Malaysia's population are Muslims, and c) Malaysia is within (relatively) easy reach of China and Chinese military might, I'd say Malaysia (as well as the Malaysian people) cares A LOT about Muslim extremists. Malaysia may be a predominantly Muslim nation, but it's not one filled with fanatical Arabs chanting against the great Satan. (So, EconomyClass, I'm afraid, you're security analysis is flawed.)
                Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2014-03-30, 16:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                  Hmmmmmm - I've been thinking a lot about a possible political/terrorist background to what happened to MH370. There is rampant speculation about that on the world wide web and in the minds of many people, including here on this forum. Now, pushing any far-fetched, convoluted conspiracy theories aside, I think everybody would agree, that if there is a political statement involved in what happened to MH370, we would by now already know what it is, or else the whole affair concerning the missing flight has been useless to the perpetrators. In other words, if this WAS intended as terrorism, SOMEBODY WOULD ALREADY HAVE TOLD US, because right now the world is maybe puzzled, but not terrified and the terrorists (if there were any) would have missed their goal.
                  I totally agree with this, the point of terrorism is to create terror, and no one is doing that....I think this plane was shot down for whatever reason and whatever government/nation is not admitting this....

Comment

• Originally posted by pierpp View Post
                    I totally agree with this, the point of terrorism is to create terror, and no one is doing that....I think this plane was shot down for whatever reason and whatever government/nation is not admitting this....
                    Who would shoot it down in the Southern Indian Ocean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                      The only ones with the airborne capability in that part of the would would be the Australians or Americans (they have have a carrier or inflight refuel). I guess the Russian do but surely Putin would puff his chest out and say it was him.
                      Or we a talking a about a naval attack... In which case New Zealand could have done it

But very much doubt it was shot down by anyone. It's just one of the first things that comes to mind by some. All the airliners shot down in history were flying near countries with major political tension and really a case of mistaken identity. That's really not the case here.

I am not sure why people want to believe that governments are willing to shot down commercial airliners for some sort of political reason.

Comment

• Vanishing airplanes don't create fear? Wow, now there's some interesting psychology.

Comment

• And under the cloak of radio silence made the plane turn and gain altitude and then run for hours, follow it and then finally shoot it down?

This guy gets my coveted tin foil hat award.
                          Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                            Who knows what military are sneaking around those parts of the world that we, the general public know of? Who knows if it really did fly over the Indian Ocean?? I mean, yes all the media are telling us that it did. And yes, they get their info from others that tell them that. But do any of us REALLY know where that plane flew? Why fly the course he did? Where exactly was he heading? The longer this story goes on the less I believe anything....

Comment

Vanishing airplanes don't create fear? Wow, now there's some interesting psychology.
                              Fear yes, terror...no

Comment

Vanishing airplanes don't create fear? Wow, now there's some interesting psychology.
                                But fear to what or to who? If there is not a subject claiming for that, to who we have to fear? Fear to fly? Fear to Malaysia? It doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X