Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ridiculous how much you have to spend for a first class international seat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ridiculous how much you have to spend for a first class international seat!

Is there anyone out there who actually pays $16000 for a seat on an international flight? I mean it's ridiculous. It's just 10 hours and you are paying that much? United and American charge that rate for their flagship first suites when you probably are getting no better service than a domestic flight. I know I will sooner or later take an international flight and am trying to avoid economy as much as possible. Even the business class is expensive and United nor American offers lie flat seats. However British Airways does offer lie flat seats in their Business class which from what I read and saw is a lot better than United and American- food and comfortability! So does anyone know how to get United's first international or business at a extremely reduced rate? I don't have very many miles so I can't do much with them.
    Words are not enough to justify reasonings!

Originally posted by flyfirst
    Is there anyone out there who actually pays $16000 for a seat on an international flight? I mean it's ridiculous. It's just 10 hours and you are paying that much? United and American charge that rate for their flagship first suites when you probably are getting no better service than a domestic flight.
    Nobody makes you pay that. You choose to pay that amount.

What you don't realize is that could be a bargain for somepeople if the need to be on one side of the pond or the other is greater then $16K.

Why do you think they DO charge that amount?

Comment

$16k for 1st classes?

Comment

Anyone see how ironic the username "flyfirst" is?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
          Anyone see how ironic the username "flyfirst" is?

should be more like "little dreamer"...

Comment

Oh well excuse meeeeeeeeeeeee! What I mean't to say was if you want to fly international on first class the full price would be $16,000! Stop over-analyzing things. Do you honestly think that $16000 could be a bargain to anyone. A lot of people can and cannot afford it! So what? I seriously don't believe anyone would be willing to pay that much for one seat and find it as a bargain regardless of where you stand! For your information Left Seat86, just because my username is flyfirst, doesn't mean that I pay full price. I like to fly that way maybe and disagree 100 percent with how much they are charging. That is just like saying a Chinese person has to like Chinese food when I am trying to say that a Chinese person doesn't have to like Chinese food!!!!! Whatever, you are entitled to your opinion, I don't agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Chinese food is good. Chinese people should want to eat chinese food, atleast the kind you get in restaurants.

16000 is the price of a decent car...I'm not sure if you have that number right.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I do think Chinese food is good and I do eat it often. I know someone who agrees that a Chinese person doesn't have to favor chinese food and I definitely see their point.

Maybe some people like to spend a little extra money! Is that wrong? I love to travel and I like to do it in a special way. It just adds to my experience!

Comment

I know someone who agrees that The Dirty Dozen is a good movie. You should check it out.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Of course there are many people who agree with many things! That's not even the point! You're all being so judgmental! The point is that one doesn't have to agree with paying full price but likes to fly first! Why don't you get on an Indian Airlines flight and see if the Dirty Dozen is showing? Yes, my number is right! Try checking online!!!!!!

Comment

I know someone who agrees that a Chinese person doesn't have to favor chinese food and I definitely see their point.
                      Chinese people love chinese food coz its their own...

Yes, my number is right! Try checking online!!!!!!
                      what airline is it anyway?
                      -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
                      EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                      NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                      NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                      NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                      NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Of course there are many people who agree with many things! That's not even the point! You're all being so judgmental! The point is that one doesn't have to agree with paying full price but likes to fly first! Why don't you get on an Indian Airlines flight and see if the Dirty Dozen is showing? Yes, my number is right! Try checking online!!!!!!
                        Indian airlines doesn't have PTVs...or TVs in general.

And remember, I still like Chinese food.

Comment

Oh well maybe it's because I AM Chinese and it's American, British, and United and several others by the way. You people are all aviation fanatics and don't know your airfare!

Comment

Oh well maybe it's because I AM Chinese and it's American, British, and United and several others by the way. You people are all aviation fanatics and don't know your airfare!
                            Well, since you ARE Chinese, what do you feel about people like Will? Do you think they like Chinese food?

Comment

Congradulations! I like Chinese food toooooooooooo! In fact I am Chinese!!!!!!!!! Oh, by the way, just so you didn't know, American and United both have PTVs. Maybe you'll have better luck with them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Chinese food. You're right on one thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X