Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ridiculous how much you have to spend for a first class international seat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no...i dont believe i earned your respect, but i think you're more in the hole when it comes to respect for right now. Welcome to Jet Photos.net

Comment

I don't get it. All I am doing is trying to explain my reasoning and opinion to show you that I am not as whatever. Yes, people have different ways of spending their money and it's personal. If they want to spend that much for one seat, let them do that. However I could never agree to that. So I don't know why you find me guilty. I'm just stating my opinion and firmly sticking to it!
      Words are not enough to justify reasonings!

Comment

wait, you're from LA? I thought you said you were Chinese...

Comment

And it's funny cause there are Chinese people in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            wait, you're from LA? I thought you said you were Chinese...
            I bet he doesn't really like Chinese Food .... :|

Comment

What is that suppose to mean screaming emu? Yes, I am from Los Angeles and am Chinese. I am a very white American Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese, who has never been to China.

Comment

LMAO, this thread is very entertaining
                but I fail to see the point

Anyway, Joe and Kyle, you guys need to take me to a good Indian restaurant... never tried it yet.
                and er... Chinese food rocks!

Originally posted by flyfirst
                What is that suppose to mean? Yes, I am from Los Angeles and am Chinese. I am a very white American Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese, who has never been to China.
                It would be good for you to go visit some time in your life... save enough miles to fly first
                btw, I hope you at least know your name in Chinese...

Comment

Originally posted by flyfirst
                  JeffinDen, do you pay that price? For that money I would rather fly private instead!
                  No, my travel is on an expense account, so I don't actually pay it, and yes first class/business class can be claimed on my expense account.

And for your info.... There is no way you're going to fly a private jet NY to London for $16,000. A G-IV runs around $6500 per hour. So using my example, $16,000 is a bargain.

And for the record, I don't care if you are Italian.

Remember....it's all about perspective.....

Comment

Well I was watching the travel channel and they were talking about private jets. Maybe not from the US to Europe but they were talking about how you could fly private for the same amount of first class. Sometimes chartering a decent size private jet can cost about $2000 an hour and from Los Angeles to New York City is about I believe 5 hours and that totals $10000. They don't charge per person I believe. Traveling on United's premium service first class to New York City costs $4500! That totals $16000 for four when you can get private for $10000. I actually would think that is quite reasonable considering the catering, the jet itself, the fact that you are flying private, and quick check in process!

Oh yes, I would love to visit Hong Kong someday. I just have never really thought about it but will definitely go. I am aware that my last name is Chinese and am proud of it!

I would definitely love to try first international. I wonder how comfortable those lie flat seats are? Regardless of how I pay for the ticket- money, miles- it still will be costly. I am just afraid that I won't get what's worth the money and will regret it. Oh, I wanted to ask you your opinions. Do you think American's economy is better than United's? Their cabins look so much more comforatble and cleaner.

Comment

Since my name was mentioned earlier, I just want to clarify that I do enjoy Chinese food.
                      Will F.
                      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                        I just want to clarify that I do enjoy Chinese food.
                        so do I .. chinese buffet .?
                        yam yam ..*slurp*
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Old Country Buffet > China Buffet

Don't know if you guys have those where you are...

And it's only like 10 bucks and you get a bunch of leg room. And dessert.

Comment

Chinese rules So does first class... if I had the money, I would gladly pay

Comment

well if you can afford it, do it, but let me say this that im atually not among them who spend many a couple of thousands more.. maybe you get better service, wider seats ..and many more,..but i actually rather use the extra $$$$ on the destination.. cause as long as the plane gets me to my destination safe and sound, than im happy with that ... may the plane be with you..

--
                              Sol
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I absolutely agree OY-KBN! Most of the time my airfare is tied in with a cruise and so most of the extra money is spent there. I just don't believe in paying that price for a seat. So, I try to find alternative ways to get a better price but still want to be comfortable. For $16000, I would spend it on better hotels and accommodations.

Comment

Working...
                                X