Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ridiculous how much you have to spend for a first class international seat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reading all these posts and I am still quite curious as to what airline charges 16000 dollars on what routes for a first class ticket? I agree that they are expensive tickets but I have never seen one that is 16000 dollars. I am just curious as to where this magical number originated from.

Dave

Comment

United, American, British and other airlines charge $16000 for a first class international seat. I am guessing they charge this much because they are the flagship cabins with the lie flat seats.
      Words are not enough to justify reasonings!

Comment

Another example of deals that can be had.. an acquiantance of mine is doing this trip (over a week period) next month:

EWR - SIN (SQ F)
        SIN - SYD (SQ F)
        SYD - HKG (VS Upper)
        HKG - LHR (VS Upper)
        LHR - EWR (VS Upper)

.. for US$5200.00.

This was booked inside the typical 50 day window for Z fares, and was a published fare.

If only I had the time...
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

16000 my rump! AC charges $1948 to HNL from YVR. Or $2111 to HNL from YHZ (my home).
          -Kevin

Comment

To Europe, Australia, and Asia costs well over $10000.

Comment

I like chinese foods in HK and I rather to fly in eco. classes cuz some airlines had

PTV also I can upgrade to biz classes for long flight not short flight.

EK First in A345 and 773ER is very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfirst
                To Europe, Australia, and Asia costs well over $10000.
                Why not ask a travel agent? im sure they have lower prices for F class in those destinations...
                -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
                EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Funny to see how this thread about 16k tickets has turned into a dual thread about 16k tickets and international food . Personally, I love Chinese Food, especially the Chinese All-You-Can-Eat Buffet in Roswell, NM. And I don't mind Indian either, though that's harder to get here. And my new favorite: Japanese, or more precisely Sushi *yum, yum*

Comment

Almost $16,000. Not quite though.

Comment

Well I live in Los Angeles so it costs about $16000. Maybe from IAD it is less. Websites like Orbitz and expedia charge that much rountrip to Europe from Los Angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfirst
                        Well I live in Los Angeles so it costs about $16000. Maybe from IAD it is less. Websites like Orbitz and expedia charge that much rountrip to Europe from Los Angeles.
                        Why you want to spend $16k?

Comment

flyfirst, i have a question... why in this world would you get in other peoples business? if they want to spend 16k for a plane ride... get off their backs... its their money not yours... i know you dont want to spend that much for a ticket.. fine.. thats you... but other people spend such luxury coz they can afford it... as i said before... airlines wont sell a ticket that expensive if no one is willing to spend such amount... get it?

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                          NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                          NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                          NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                          NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Thats the first time he didnt use the word "chinese" in his message^^^
                            Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

cx777, stick to the topic... this is supposed to be about FOOD

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              I love Chinese Food, especially the Chinese All-You-Can-Eat Buffet in Roswell, NM.
                              I already said I love Chinese food before (by default really), but I don't like the buffets.
                              Firstly, 90% of the Chinese buffets are Americanized to better cater the majority of westerners. The fried stuff is incredible greasy, and what they call Chow Mein isn't really Chow Mein Has anyone noticed that "Chow Mein" is just cheap bean sprouts? lol.

Also, the whole buffet idea is flawed anyway. It encourages needless consumption and waste. They cook more so people can eat more even though they are already stuffed... "one more chicken leg to get my money's worth, please".... also, my father used to work at a buffet. (Mandarin, for people in toronto area). He told me that all the food gets dumped every night to make sure customers don't complain about unfresh food, and also deter the workers from cooking more so they can eat/take home at the end of the day

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                                cx777, stick to the topic... this is supposed to be about FOOD
                                is it just me or am i reading the thread topic title right : It's ridiculous how much you have to spend for a first class international seat!

i think i am sticking to the topic...

but about the food part... i love chinese food esp PANDA EXPRESS... hahaha... lolz

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                                NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                                NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                                NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                                NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Working...
                                X