No announcement yet.

Manchester to Pakistan on PIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Not a part of the world I'm ever likely to get to...

Had to chuckle a bit at the C-130.... all camouflage - except for the tail!
    Holed up in a cabin in the woods.. with 3 years worth of canned goods.. and a whole bunch of guns.

Comment

Originally posted by trooper View Post
      Thoroughly enjoyed it! Not a part of the world I'm ever likely to get to...

Had to chuckle a bit at the C-130.... all camouflage - except for the tail!
      Lol, I think that tail is part of a thank you to the world for help during the devastating earthquake in northern Pakistan a few years ago. Glad they have kept it.

Thanks for reading. Maybe one day Pakistan will be safe for all visitors, maybe.

Comment

Great report and pics, loved reading it. Exciting approaches it looks like.

Bad flight with EK? That surprises me, most people rave about them. What happened?
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
          Great report and pics, loved reading it. Exciting approaches it looks like.

Bad flight with EK? That surprises me, most people rave about them. What happened?
          Booked my ticket through an agent. Baggage allowance for MAN to Lahore is 30kilos on all 4 legs. My ticket e-ticket printed 20kilos. I went back to agent and queried it with him. He said, yes that it is a mistake and that is should be 30kilos. He phoned through to Emirates in London to have the correct baggage allowance issued. Emirates replied 'there will be a £35 ticket change fee to be paid first'. So the agent said to me I would have the pay the fee b4 the ticket was changed.
          I tried to explain that this was NOT MY MISTAKE, and that it was Emirates/agent mistake. He was having non of it. I ended up emailing Emirates corporate. They stated that to change the ticket, a fee would have to be paid. BUT as it wasn't not my fault, they will do the necessary changes.

I am Vegetarian, I made sure the booking agent was aware of that when I booked my flight. On my e-ticket it mentioned to provide a veggie meal on all 4 legs of my journey.

On my outward leg from MAN to Dubai, there was no Veggie meal. I explained that I had pre-ordered it. The stewardess accused me of making a mistake at booking. When I showed her my e-ticket, she was somewhat embarrassed. She went on the defensive and said here is the food, move the chicken to the side and eat the rice!!! I asked her to take it away.

So on the outward leg (6.30hrs) all I had was a little bun and tea/biscuit.

Return was OK as I made sure I went to Emirates in Lahore.

I decided to try Etihad last year, that's another long story..........

Will by flying PIA again in January.

Thanks for reading my report.
          Last edited by turbotraker; 2008-12-18, 18:25.

Comment

Working...
          X