X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
    I'm a kid.I don't really give a crap about that stuff
    Keep thinking that and you will see the errors of your ways when you are asking people "Do you want fries with that?"
    Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
    http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
      Well, Rohan, I tried to tell you politely, but you immediately got defensive with the "Well, I guess domestic trips aren't welcome around here quip."

Also, I'd be much obliged if you pointed out for me where I said your review sucked. What I said was there was nothing compelling about it, and I stand by that statement.

Let's go over what happened on your trip. You took a UA narrowbody from DEN to EWR and back, the trip was uneventful, you got de-iced at Newark (very common), you went back to DEN. You mentioned being annoyed at the dirty sidewalls and armrests (you're kidding, right?). Nothing is mentioned about the routes of the flights, what departure, what arrival etc (even though channel 9 was supposedly on, so that info was available to you). Your report resembles a road sign that says "At this sign on March 17 1877 nothing happened".

Now, let me give you an example of something compelling during a domestic flight. How about having to de-ice at, say, Orlando? Or how about maybe a low-altitude go-around? Or how about being on a small carrier that isn't very well-known (Cape Air, for instance)?

And yes, I think deep inside even you would agree that a report about an A340 going from LA to Tahiti is a lot more fascinating than DEN to EWR and back.

It's not my fault that you spent three hours writing a report that for all purposes says nothing at all. Perhaps you need a hobby. And if your buddy BoeingKing was smitten by it, well, he's 11 years old. If that's your target audience, good going. Or are you about that age yourself?
      That wasn't nice at all.It's cool to see the de-icing because my plane has never been de-iced!And sure an A340 flight would be cool,but most likly noit
      August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

If you are 6'4" tall with size 15 feet the extra leg room is a god send. I dont have to worry about getting my knees crushed when the person in front of you reclines there seat.
        Agreed.

The thing is that, if seat pitch in Economy was 29", the number of those ready to fork out extra $ to be in Economy Plus would be considerably bigger. The group interested in getting on E Plus would include not only those who are 6'4'' but most likely all those who are over 6' tall.

Comment

Originally posted by SP-LCC View Post
          Agreed.

The thing is that, if seat pitch in Economy was 29", the number of those ready to fork out extra $ to be in Economy Plus would be considerably bigger. The group interested in getting on E Plus would include not only those who are 6'4'' but most likely all those who are over 6' tall.
          True, you make a good point. However, in the US all legacy carriers have at least 31" pitch in Economy and the low cost carriers like Southwest Airlines, Jet Blue, and Frontier have between 32"-34" in their Economy classes. The legacies won't be able to put in 29" seat pitch because they will lose a lot of their business to low cost carriers. The problem for legacy carriers in America, is that the LCCs also serve the larger airports, so the legacy carriers can't get away with much. In addition, American LCCs have made a fortune on providing their passengers with more amenities for less than the legacy carriers, so I doubt they will change their philosophies soon.

Unlike Europe, the price range and amenity range American passengers are willing to accept is very small. Typically, this runs from US$175-300. In Europe, some Europeans are willing to spend a lot of money to be provided lots of amenities by legacy carriers, but on the other hand many Europeans will accept horrible treatment at the hands of LCCs like Ryanair and Easyjet because the price was right. Americans just won't do that.

I don't the airline market in the rest of the world that well, so that is why I compared the US with Europe.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Well, Rohan, I tried to tell you politely, but you immediately got defensive with the "Well, I guess domestic trips aren't welcome around here quip."

Also, I'd be much obliged if you pointed out for me where I said your review sucked. What I said was there was nothing compelling about it, and I stand by that statement.

Let's go over what happened on your trip. You took a UA narrowbody from DEN to EWR and back, the trip was uneventful, you got de-iced at Newark (very common), you went back to DEN. You mentioned being annoyed at the dirty sidewalls and armrests (you're kidding, right?). Nothing is mentioned about the routes of the flights, what departure, what arrival etc (even though channel 9 was supposedly on, so that info was available to you). Your report resembles a road sign that says "At this sign on March 17 1877 nothing happened".

Now, let me give you an example of something compelling during a domestic flight. How about having to de-ice at, say, Orlando? Or how about maybe a low-altitude go-around? Or how about being on a small carrier that isn't very well-known (Cape Air, for instance)?

And yes, I think deep inside even you would agree that a report about an A340 going from LA to Tahiti is a lot more fascinating than DEN to EWR and back.

It's not my fault that you spent three hours writing a report that for all purposes says nothing at all. Perhaps you need a hobby. And if your buddy BoeingKing was smitten by it, well, he's 11 years old. If that's your target audience, good going. Or are you about that age yourself?
            ROTFLMAO I'm a 20 year-old college student, by the way. My target audience was regular JP.net members, not just BoeingKing77, as you stated.

To prove my point. Let's quote some of the other responses given by JP.net members on this review.

Here's what Foxtrot said, a JP.net member for over 5 years with 2,651 posts:
            Good flight review there Rohan, and don't feel discouraged to post more reviews. You may not get any replies but it's still good to post them anyway. Not all of us are frequent flyers and so most people, like me, always learn something about an airline, or an airport or something else which I haven't experienced. Now I may not reply all the time (in fact I don't), but I still enjoy reading reviews, especially detailed ones. Good information for us not-so-frequent flyers.
            He pointed out that not all people are frequent fliers and that most people learn something new about an airline or an airport with detailed reviews.

Here's what SP-LCC said:

Rohan,

A very interesting and informative review. Thanks for sharing.
            It gives, people like me, who's never had a chance to fly any US carrier, a pretty good idea of what flying domestically in the US looks like.

Yet, I have one question: what is a seat pitch in a regular Economy section? Is it 31-32" or 28-29"?

Regards,

Michal
            See, there are people on JP.net who don't live in America and actually enjoyed reading such reviews on US airlines.

What you may consider exotic, may not be exotic to you. My parents are from India and I don't consider most trips to India to be exotic, but many JP.net members do! As for your LA to Tahiti flight, a person living in Tahiti probably wouldn't be fascinated by your flight review.

I appreciate your comments, but got me angry at you was this exact sentence. I
            think it would be better to only make trip reports either if something out of the ordinary took place or if the trip itself was out of the ordinary (Exotic airline and/or destination, unusual aircraft etc). There is simply nothing interesting about a routine flight from DEN to EWR and back on a UA A320. Who hasn't seen a UA A320? Who hasn't seen snow and ice in DEN in the winter?
            What constitutes an exotic destination depends on the viewer! For someone, who hasn't been to the US, my report might have been intriguging, as well as for people who haven't flown through DEN or EWR. I read many flight reviews here and on A.net, nearly 90% would not be compelling in your sense of the word, but those reviews recieve many compliments and are enjoyed by people all around the world! By the way, have you ever flown this route??

I agree that I could have posted a flight aware map of my routing, which would have made it interesting. I only listened to Channel 9 during the descents into EWR and DEN. I mentioned the runways we were vectored into and landed on, by the way. Few people's report will have super dramatized events, most people's reports are normal like mine. Rather than offer a sensible solution to fix my report, you say that my report is not that compelling. I could have added pictures of my trip in NY, which probably would have made it more interesting. Don't offer me silly solutions like being de-iced in Orlando or flying to Tahiti.

Remember, you are talking to someone who has flown over a 100 times in the lifetime, to many international destinations as well as US ones. Nearly 96% of those flights went the way they are supposed. People are fascinated by trips to India, Singapore, London, Paris, Frankfurt, etc., I'm generally not, but I don't berate the reviewer and tell them that their report is uninteresting. I can tell you about a horrible experience that UA put me through in Dulles Airport, one time, if those are the kind of experiences you're talking about.

I hope this will clear up my perspective.

Rohan

Comment

True, you make a good point. However, in the US all legacy carriers have at least 31" pitch in Economy and the low cost carriers like Southwest Airlines, Jet Blue, and Frontier have between 32"-34" in their Economy classes. The legacies won't be able to put in 29" seat pitch because they will lose a lot of their business to low cost carriers. The problem for legacy carriers in America, is that the LCCs also serve the larger airports, so the legacy carriers can't get away with much. In addition, American LCCs have made a fortune on providing their passengers with more amenities for less than the legacy carriers, so I doubt they will change their philosophies soon.

Unlike Europe, the price range and amenity range American passengers are willing to accept is very small. Typically, this runs from US$175-300. In Europe, some Europeans are willing to spend a lot of money to be provided lots of amenities by legacy carriers, but on the other hand many Europeans will accept horrible treatment at the hands of LCCs like Ryanair and Easyjet because the price was right. Americans just won't do that.

I don't the airline market in the rest of the world that well, so that is why I compared the US with Europe.

Regards,

Rohan
              Fair enough.
              Thanks for a comprehensive explanation.

Regards,

Michal

Comment

Well put Rohan.I've never seen snow in DEN!I've never seen a plane be de-iced!

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
                  ROTFLMAO I'm a 20 year-old college student, by the way.

I hope this will clear up my perspective.

Rohan
                  It does indeed, and I stand corrected. You don't need a hobby, what you need is a girlfriend. If you had one, the following things would most likely be the case:

1. You wouldn't have spent three hours writing a review of a completely uneventful flight, you'd be busy with other things.

2. You sure as heck wouldn't care why after a hundred views nobody posted any replies.

3. You furthermore sure as heck wouldn't come back on here begging someone, anyone to please reply to the review that you so painstakingly put together.

Priorities, my friend, priorities. Good Luck, you're going to need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net View Post
                    Keep thinking that and you will see the errors of your ways when you are asking people "Do you want fries with that?"
                    Amen.

Comment

Rohank, I personally liked your review. I like to hear about flights on which everything goes decently. I like a review from a normal person like me who isn't constantly en route to some far away exotic paradise.

Thanks for posting.

-Chris

Comment

Amen.
                        I will NOT work at McDonales.I know what I want to be.I'm gonna be a pilot.And I am really mad now,1 because of u,and 2,because my hands r freezing and I'm typing at about 5 wpm.

Comment

Then maybe start giving a crap and focus in school.

Comment

I will NOT work at McDonales.
                            First of all it is McDonald's, second of all my 7 year old daughter spells better than you and spelling is her worst subject.

Young man if you want to be a pilot best of luck to you. But i would advise that you change your know it all attitude quite quickly before it hurts you in the future. Just remember nasty habits are hard to break.
                            Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                            http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net View Post
                              First of all it is McDonald's, second of all my 7 year old daughter spells better than you and spelling is her worst subject.

Young man if you want to be a pilot best of luck to you. But i would advise that you change your know it all attitude quite quickly before it hurts you in the future. Just remember nasty habits are hard to break.
                              No,I don't know it all.I'm standing up for somebody!U got a prob with that?
                              Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
                              Then maybe start giving a crap and focus in school.
                              No,No,No,u misunderstood me.I don't give a crap because it's school.I'm great in school.Lowest grade was 89.

Comment

No,I don't know it all.I'm standing up for somebody!U got a prob with that?
                                I highly doubt anyone has an issue with you defending someone, as no one has really pointed that out. Rather its the way you come off on the forums as a whole; it tends to leave you pretty open for people to constantly poke fun at you. Instead of getting upset and 'visually' so, just take a step back from the computer and relax. It's only an internet message board.

No,No,No,u misunderstood me.I don't give a crap because it's school.I'm great in school.Lowest grade was 89.
                                Good to hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X