No announcement yet.

Music in combination with aviation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once this topic has been opened by me, but now that I try to only open it, the server almost collapses? Too much good music?

But how can we have too much of it. So, I have another one.

Btw, one or two people in the internet may have noticed that I somehow have a little bit modernized the computer which I fly. Only a little bit.
    Never change a winning combination (e.g. LH and B747).
    So, what was it before. Asus motherboard with Intel chipset and premium sound with 5 plugs + 1 s/pdif.
    And what is it now. Asus motherboard witth Intel chipset and premium sound with 5 plugs + 1 s/pdif.
    So. Nothing's changed? Not quite. The new one is a Republic of Gamers (RoG) Strix Z590-E, with a December 2022 Bios (!), which obviously is the newest thing now here in my room. Not the cpu,
    and not even the o/s (Win10 Pro 64b 22H2) is newer.
    And this mobo comes with a sound solution which, when I'm ready with it, is a dream for less than 200,- . Today, this mobo doesn't still like the Behringer 802, where I since more than 10 years plug in my phones to listen to my computer, without one problem (with the old mobo). And the new mobo still makes idiotic noises when I turn up the volume. But I guess I've found something like a kill switch for these noises and until the end of the year (or even earlier), my computer sound should be as good as last year (or probably even better).

The new sound definitely sounds better than the old sound, if there weren't these noises... Stay tuned for news about that.

Back on topic.

Where was my parking position here when I left this topic a few weeks ago. Did I mention Ben E. King - Spanish Harlem (1961) ?
    In 1947 he moved to Harlem New York, and he obviously was quite impressed, and this is his song after he arrived in New York. This is early color TV, and I'm pretty sure that in Germany, color TV was switched on not before 1963.
    And in the USA? Nevertheless, enjoy the vinyl.

The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

From Harlem (New York) to Durban (South Africa).

This man tried something very very crazy, and I don't know if this is allowed here on this platform. A very long time ago (cp to my year of birth ... ), he tried to sing (and he still sings)
      in German.

I've not found a South African (Star Alliance) nonstop flight to Durban, but this is what I've found today:
      LH #572 to Johannesburg, a/c type B748 .

... my dear god, in this year it must feel like a visit from outer space when you see a Boeing 747 passage version (with passenger seats on the main deck) on your airport.
      Only Washington and the Lufthansa own and fly these space ships (?!). But be sure, we are human, and we come on a friendly mission (enlarge the 747 photo album).

And this is the man with the music for your 747 destination South Africa, if you like. I'm not able to translate it, everytime when I hear it it is Fernweh pur.
      From my fathers (!) shelf of vinyls.
      Howard Carpendale - Du fängst den Wind niemals ein (1974)
      Howard Carpendale - Du fängst den Wind niemals ein 1974Songtext:Schubidamdam... Wo du herkommst, das weiß ich nicht, du bist eine, die nicht viel spricht. Ei...

Comment

Hm. I still don't know how many people read me here at jetphotos. A statistic says, right at this moment, we only have 377 active members.

318 persons are online here right now. And up to 8100 persons read this forum at once. Without that I know their names. That's definitely less than Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) would expect.

But that's definitely more than I expected when I became a Jetphotos member. Up to 8100 persons read what I write, at once. That's ok, let me compare that to my home airport,
        8100 persons per hour... whoo eeeeya. That's slightly a different dimension than on my home airport! 8100 x 24 ... x 365 ... = 70,956,000 persons per year.

Here at Lohausen International we have a capacity of not much more than 24,000,000 persons per year. So what has happened. Together with my avatar, I've grown a little bit too big for my home airport (?). So, let's fly South of EDDL, to Rhein/Main (ICAO: EDDF).

And what's my range, in music. Well, a little less than with my avatar, not 7000 nautical miles, not everything between Oberpfaffenhofen (definitely not) and San Francisco:
        Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
        Foo Fighters' official music video for 'Learn To Fly'. Click to listen to Foo Fighters on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/FooFSpotify?IQid=F...As featured on Gre...

The Police - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
        The Official Music Video for Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic. Taken from The Police - Ghost in the Machine.Stream more of The Police: https://thepolice....

Queen - Hammer to Fall
        Taken from The Works, 1984.QUEEN: STUDIO COLLECTION - ALL 15 STUDIO ALBUMS ON 180 GRAM COLOURED VINYL - OUT SEPTEMBER 25ORDER NOW: http://QUEEN.LNK.TO/STUDI...

PS: To be honest, only two of the above mentioned lead singers are still alive, and only one is nearly my age. But all men have achieved quite alot, who have become older
        than Mr Taylor Hawkins. I still can't quite believe that, he was found dead only two weeks after his birthday. So, that's my next step, to become older than Mr Hawkins senior.
        R.I.P., man.

Comment

..Ahm. I have just perceived that I have already reached two aims, Elvis Presley (died at the age of 42) and Freddie Mercury (died at the age of 45 plus two weeks).
          Here on my side it is .. 45.5 almost exactly, ha.

I don't know if that's a reason to celebrate, but probably it is good that at least Mr Presley and Mr Hawkins senior have children. Who else would celebrate the 77th birthday of Freddie Mercury
          this year (*September 5th 1946)?

Queen - Friends Will Be Friends
          Taken from A Kind Of Magic, 1986 and Forever, 2014.Click here to buy the DVD with this video at the Official Queen Store:http://www.queenonlinestore.comThe o...

PS: I MUST quote one comment for Freddies 'Hammer to Fall'. This comment says 'who else would celebrate the 77th birthday of Freddie Mercury'
          in other words:
          "It's been almost 40 years since this came out, and as a 2006-born, this song still rocks."
          Thus, I assume that this young man is 17 years old. So, I don't know yet (I have an assumption) how we both like a 1984 classic rock song.
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-09-28, 03:11. Reason: When as a child you've learned good music.. :-D

Comment

Hm. I like to continue this series 'music legends on TV' . The man has sung alot of really really sad songs and whenever they are played on the radio, I thought by myself,
            why always the saddest of his songs. I am young enough to not only know the very first song which he became famous for in 1971.
            After that, he was #1 on the US Top 100 billboard charts in 1972, not with his saddest song, but with 'Lean on Me'.

And in 1982, he earned a Grammy for one of his best songs, if you ask me, a #2 on the US Top 100 billboard charts in 1981.

Bill Withers (1938-2020) died in Los Angeles, California at the age of 81 due to a heart failure. But his songs will live on, here his Top 100 #2 from 1981.

Bill Withers - Just the two of us
            William Harrison "Bill" Withers, Jr. (born July 4, 1938) is an American pop/soul singer-songwriter and musician who performed and recorded from 1970 until 19...

Comment

And now, for our breakfast, and so that all people again think.. 'this guy only knows schmusesongs' (and I can live with that, because I know it better),

back to my roots, back to my year. The haircut for men has changed - a little bit - since then, my dear friend.. And for the original comments, this time I'd again obviously need
              a Spanish translator. With more than 68.000.000 requests since it was uploaded, a group of female singers, with a 45 year old song.

Boney M. - Rivers of Babylon
              The performance of Boney M. to „Rivers Of Babylon“ at the ZDF Disco 12.06.1978. You can listen to all songs of Boney M. here: https://lnk.to/BoneyM Subscribe...

Comment

Working...
              X