Gated Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gated Community

Well. I sometimes watch TV and then they show a thing which is called 'Gated Community'. Which if you ask me is not more than a huge fence, not only around your house, but around
    a whole block. I don't know yet a detail, that's why I ask you.

As I understand it, within the fence you're always filmed during every second, and 24/7.

Now. I don't live in such an overpriced "public prison". I don't feel the necessity of a fence where I have to show my face so that the computer lets me into my own street (!).

Because I feel, that all my neighbors are quite normal, so why should I try to hide from them, with the help of an unbelievable expensive computer controlled fence?

What on earth is the advantage of such a, sorry, idiotic fence? Until further notice, I only see disadvantages:
    1. Pizza delivery comes 1 hr later, because your address is only to be found by the FBI.
    2. Friends come 1 hr later, because your visit has first to be cleared by the FBI.
    3. Letters, Postcards and condolences arrive late or never, because the route to your address is only known by 1 postman on earth, which of course is checked by the FBI twice a week.
    4. ...

I open this topic because I have seen case 1. and case 3. in reality. Case 3. has happened today, only a few hours ago. That woman, which today asked me how to find the way through the fence, and I know at least where the big gate in the fence is, for garbage trucks and pizza delivery, said one beautiful sentence to me, and I don't wanna try to translate it, because this sentence is so beautiful. She said: Wissen Sie was, das ist mir hier alles zu dumm, ich schicke es mit der Post. End of the quotation.

And another problem is, that even a quite intelligent German route planner, which I've asked to find this address a few minutes ago, fails (!). With that German route planner, you'll end exactly
    where this woman also ended when she asked me,
    and she was finished (mit ihrem Latein am Ende).

So, what really is the advantage, if there is any?!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.
Working...
X