• Show
Clear All

• Chasen_KSFO
    replied
    Originally posted by jannichan
    Originally posted by AEagle40
    Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO
    Sounds good b777,I'll probably crash with u then.
    Me too if it's possible
    ~*~Janni~*~
    Didn't we already get this figured out? :P
    Yes, I know, I know I just want to make sure that if you're in England, I still have someone to split with... besides, if you have to be 19 or 21 to get a room, we probably don't have that chance either since we'll both only be 18 =/
    We'll figure it out when we're talking face to face with each other and all the others that come for the meetup, don't worry
    -Janni-
    Ya, and if we dont crash with him, we cant get a room. Damn this not giving rooms to people under 21 rule.

Leave a comment:

• Chasen_KSFO
    replied
    Originally posted by fly1346
    Whats at ATL except Delta.
    BORING!
    here it comes, c'mon man. Just because we're not going to NY dont bash Atlanta now. JFK is great, but we decided on ATL. Im sure if u cant make ATL u can find plenty of NYC spotters to meet with. And besides, ATL has something JFK can't match, Hooters :P

Leave a comment:

• PortColumbus
    replied
    An update for those just tuning in:

This is a seperate meetup from the official one.

Place: Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport
    Dates: June 18-19, 2005

Leave a comment:

• PortColumbus
    replied
    BORING!
    Give it up, you're getting awfully annoying. No one's forcing you to come, so you can either take it or leave it.

I too do not see the problem with having two meets. The majority of the US meet participants would likely not be going to the official one regardless.

Leave a comment:

• MD11Forever
    replied
    BORING!
    Ah.
    Let's see.
    Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France, Air Jamacia, Air Wisconsin, Airtran, Airborne, America West, American, ATA, British Airways, China Airways, Continental, Delta and regional components, DHL, Eva, FedEx, Frontier, Independence, JAL, Kittyhawk Cargo, Korean, Lufthansa, Martinair, Mesa, Mesaba, Midwest, Northwest, Pace, Polar, Ryan, South African, United, UPS, USA3000.

Whew. All those from the listing at Flytecom.
    If I can get shots like these from a hotel in New York I'd be interested.
    [photoid=84899]
    [photoid=83343]
    [photoid=83340]

Leave a comment:

• janni-chan
    replied
    Originally posted by AEagle40
    Sounds good b777,I'll probably crash with u then.
    Me too if it's possible
    ~*~Janni~*~
    Didn't we already get this figured out? :P
    Yes, I know, I know I just want to make sure that if you're in England, I still have someone to split with... besides, if you have to be 19 or 21 to get a room, we probably don't have that chance either since we'll both only be 18 =/
    We'll figure it out when we're talking face to face with each other and all the others that come for the meetup, don't worry
    -Janni-

Leave a comment:

• fly1346
    replied
    BORING!

Leave a comment:

• MD11Forever
    replied
    Originally posted by Simpleboy
    Originally posted by Crazy764
    Originally posted by pullin4u
    I really cant believe some of you. The meet isnt in the US so deal with it, dont complain about costs and everything be patient. If you guys are so anti travelling out of the US why didnt you just go to the last one? Dont tell me you expected every meetup to be in teh US. BY setting up a second meet, your ruining the whole point of the meet. The idea is to meet the other people in the forum. So if you just say, oh well, to expensive, and set one up in teh S where yuo can get to your just gonna meet the same people time and time again. I understand some of you are 14-16 and its hard to travel outside teh US but there will be another one in the US eventually.
    With all due respect,
    I would have been happy to go to the LAX meet if it was a) financially feasable for me to do so b) planned more than a month in advance. With my work schedule it is nigh to impossible to get time off in the summer sometimes, and if I do I need more than short notice. Had things been different for me I would have attended the LAX meet, no doubt. We are discussing a US meet for 2005 now because it gives us time to plan for it.
    I don't see what the issue is, most of us talking about a US meet are going to be unable to do the SYD meet that others have decided on- and that's fine. No problem. No hard feelings. We'd all love to come but can't afford the costs involved. What you're saying is that just because we can't make the SYD meet we can't have a US meet? Wait 2, 3, 5 years for another in the US? It doesn't mean that we don't want to meet others from overseas. It doesn't mean that we only want to attend meets in the US. It doesn't mean that we are "anti-rest-of-world". It just means we can't afford Sydney, Australia. Or Narita. Or anywhere (for me anyways) that costs more than about $300 round trip airfare to get there. I have a house, family, bills. Those take priority over spending $3000+ on a trip to Australia for aircraft spotting....sorry. As much as I'd like to, it simply isn't going to happen. I think others planning on attending the US meet will have an even harder time getting there than I will.
    We're not trying to steal your thunder, or make waves, or cause problems. We are merely planning an event which we can afford.
    Ouch! Sam, sorry to break it to ya, but you got burned!

fly1346, don't start complaining again. If you want a DSLR so badly, go buy one.
    To me the burn was voided when he mentioned SYD as the meet location when nothing has been finalised.

AS for spending $3000 on aircraft spotting, thats not all its gonna be, IM trying to talk my family into coming if it is in SYD for a holiday to help me get there. Australia is a fantastic place for a holiday as is New Zealand, which is a 3 hour flight away. Make it mroe than a spotting trip, if you do that you wont regret it.
    No "burn" was intended. I was simply trying to explain my reasons for working on organizing a US meet rather than an international one.
    The reason I mentioned SYD as the meeting location is because that is what it was the last time I visited the other thread- since it became clear that the meet was going to be at a location I could not afford to go to I left the thread alone. Something that you seem to be having a hard time doing with this one. As I said before, not trying to be anti-rest-of-world, but I simply am not going to be able to afford a trip next year to any location outside the US, Canada, or Carribean. The money is just not there. It would be fiscally irresponsible for me to even make the attempt.
    As far as making the trip more than just aircraft spotting, ie: family vacation, don't think that idea wasn't considered. It is just that, as I mentioned before, it is not financially feasable for me to do so. I cannot agree with you more that both Australia and New Zealand would be a great places for a family vacation. I've got a few good freinds that emigrated from New Zealand to settle here in Wisconsin, and I am continually amazed at the photos and video they have. I expect that at some time in the future I will make that trip, just a matter of when.

Leave a comment:

• MauwieAir
    replied
    people what is the problem?

if you make a meet not everyone has to come to that meet because he has no money, or simply don't care about that airport. BUT if you make 2 meetings, lets say SYD and LAX don't plan them on the same date, there are always people that want to visit both Airports. i really don't see the problem..... sorry

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    I really cant believe some of you. The meet isnt in the US so deal with it, dont complain about costs and everything be patient. If you guys are so anti travelling out of the US why didnt you just go to the last one? Dont tell me you expected every meetup to be in teh US. BY setting up a second meet, your ruining the whole point of the meet. The idea is to meet the other people in the forum. So if you just say, oh well, to expensive, and set one up in teh S where yuo can get to your just gonna meet the same people time and time again. I understand some of you are 14-16 and its hard to travel outside teh US but there will be another one in the US eventually.
    With all due respect,
    I would have been happy to go to the LAX meet if it was a) financially feasable for me to do so b) planned more than a month in advance. With my work schedule it is nigh to impossible to get time off in the summer sometimes, and if I do I need more than short notice. Had things been different for me I would have attended the LAX meet, no doubt. We are discussing a US meet for 2005 now because it gives us time to plan for it.
    I don't see what the issue is, most of us talking about a US meet are going to be unable to do the SYD meet that others have decided on- and that's fine. No problem. No hard feelings. We'd all love to come but can't afford the costs involved. What you're saying is that just because we can't make the SYD meet we can't have a US meet? Wait 2, 3, 5 years for another in the US? It doesn't mean that we don't want to meet others from overseas. It doesn't mean that we only want to attend meets in the US. It doesn't mean that we are "anti-rest-of-world". It just means we can't afford Sydney, Australia. Or Narita. Or anywhere (for me anyways) that costs more than about $300 round trip airfare to get there. I have a house, family, bills. Those take priority over spending $3000+ on a trip to Australia for aircraft spotting....sorry. As much as I'd like to, it simply isn't going to happen. I think others planning on attending the US meet will have an even harder time getting there than I will.
    We're not trying to steal your thunder, or make waves, or cause problems. We are merely planning an event which we can afford.
    Ouch! Sam, sorry to break it to ya, but you got burned!

fly1346, don't start complaining again. If you want a DSLR so badly, go buy one.
    To me the burn was voided when he mentioned SYD as the meet location when nothing has been finalised.

AS for spending $3000 on aircraft spotting, thats not all its gonna be, IM trying to talk my family into coming if it is in SYD for a holiday to help me get there. Australia is a fantastic place for a holiday as is New Zealand, which is a 3 hour flight away. Make it mroe than a spotting trip, if you do that you wont regret it.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    Most Airports have stations in the international area where u can switch currency. My friend turns his USD into Japanese yen everytime he goes to Japan.
    That's not what I meant.

Prices in USD that seem cheap, become quite expensive when converted into CAD.
    Yeah, I suppose it gets more expensive. That $269 fare I quoted you turns into $353 CAD.
    Yeah, so not far from the prices I found.
    Oh well, I'll see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• MD11Forever
    replied
    Most Airports have stations in the international area where u can switch currency. My friend turns his USD into Japanese yen everytime he goes to Japan.
    That's not what I meant.

Yeah, I suppose it gets more expensive. That $269 fare I quoted you turns into $353 CAD.

Leave a comment:

• Chasen_KSFO
    replied
    That's not what I meant.

Oh, sorry bout that. Well, that sux. Hope you can come find a way to come out then.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    That's not what I meant.

Leave a comment:

• Chasen_KSFO
    replied

Will, I found YOW-ATL as low as $269 round trip on NWA. It's RJ's, change planes at Newark, but not too terrible. Checked it over a weekend even. US Airways was a bit more, at $346, stop at either PIT or PHL...
    Prices in USD.
    But I earn CAD...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X