No announcement yet.

Another conservative idiot:Same-sex couples should 'shut up'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it's a choice. Same with marriage between a man and a women. It's what they want.

Comment

I said being gay is not a choice. And it has been mdically proven. But marriage, that's choice...and gay people have the right to chose to marry!
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Oh thats bullshit, I don't care what anybody says, it is a choice. My mom's boss, a women, that was married to a man, well the man left her for another man, got married, and still work together.
        Cory Klimko

Comment

Oh, and they were married for 19 years, and had 2 kids, one in High School, the other in Middle School.

That was a choice. And no MD is gonna tell me otherwise.
          Cory Klimko

Comment

Oh doctors proved it...so it's a disease.

Comment

a disease? wow, you guys have no human feelings what-so-ever, no more comments...I only argue with people who at least have a brain and a heart!

Comment

If it's not a disease then why should doctor's have to prove anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                  If it's not a disease then why should doctor's have to prove anything about it?
                  They proved it's something people have no choice over. They never said it was a bad thing.

Comment

It's a choice. People choose to like women, don't they?
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                      It's a choice. People choose to like women, don't they?
                      do you?

Comment

Yes, I do.
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

OK. Being gay is a choice. It may be influenced to some extent by the type of personality a person has, but not by his genes (take it from me, I just gave a 3 hour long AP Bio exam 5 mins back! )

There is no such gene known as the "gay gene", nor anything such as the "personality gene".

Now Will, not like I don't believe you or anything, but can you just tell/show me where you got that piece of info. from that being gay is genetic?
                          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Oooooo, heaven forbid anyone on this forum gets gay germs...

So gay people get married ... how does that affect me? It doesn't. Why should it be that if two men are in love with each other or alternatively if two women are in love with each other that they cannot be granted the same legal rights and privileges that go with marriage that straight couples get? Would you rather have it that certain people have rights and others not. Would this not fly in the face of the premise that all are created equal and should therefore have equal rights?

And on whether being gay is a choice or not. Well, let us look at it this way. If being gay or not being gay were as simple a decision as 'shall I wear a coat today?' then why would these people choose to live a life shunned by so much of society with less rights than many of their fellow human beings? If it were so easy to decide 'I'm not going to be gay today' then why do so many gay people (especially gay teenagers) commit suicide, unable to come to terms with their orientation? And why be gay when that is often a direct ticket to "Disowned-by-family-ville"?

If my son or daughter were to tell my wife and I that they were gay I admit I would be a tad disappointed on the potential loss of future grandchildren. But gay or not, I would want the best for my children. And if they are gay, find someone they love and want to get married, then I would hope that by that time society would grant them that right.
                            AIRIGAMI.NET
                            http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Oh, and incidentally, if being homosexual is such a sin, then God or karma or whatever will judge them. It is not up to anyone else. If you hold the belief that being gay is a sin, then don't be gay yourself. But don't stop anyone else's right to be themself.
                              AIRIGAMI.NET
                              http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

If they allow gay marriage, then what next? Animal marriage? More than one spouse? Child marriage?

Comment

Working...
                                X